Wondering why SW is not working for you?

I think we may have all got a bit caught up on the bread LOL! I think your original post was just using it as an example of how you should account for everything you eat in general and mentioned bread as a point. Anyway, you are right, the best thing is to measure and record everything you eat and drink to make sure you're following the plan x

I realised yesterday how important it to measure and record everything when I came across my old diary from last year. When I started SW, i was really good with writing everything down but I got a bit lazy over time. Looking at my diary, I was definitely doing everything wrong. My syns were going way over 15 on almost a daily basis :eek: and most of the days I was having EE, I wasn't having a lot of 1/3. So recording really does help you look at everything to make sure you are doing it right. I'm glad I kept my diary so now I can look back and see where I made mistakes and hopefully get better losses this time :D.

When I started SW the first time (2009) I didnt get a welcome meeting, still unsure why! So I had to learn it on my own. At the time I had a "Diet Plate" & "Diet Bowl" & I used the bowl for my cereal. About 2 months in my losses had completely stopped for weeks & when I asked my C I said that I'd been using the bowl assuming that was the right amount to have. When I weighed it later I'd been having around 40g cereal a day & using enough milk to cover it. I learnt my lesson!! But also wish my C had explained it all to start with :(

I have been so surprised with how much of an exact science sw is! I could do ww and be not that accurate as I never counted points for butter, ketchup etc. Doesn't seem to be the same for sw as I have been what I think is pretty good but my weight stayed the same :(
I agree! I remember when I started, I sometimes calculated the syns as a green, red or EE day and they always came out the same (even though the hexs etc were completely different on the three plans)!

Something in my head has now changed... whereas I used to think 'oh the bread only weighs 48g I'd better cut another bit off', I am now thinking 'oh good, that's under the 60g'.

Back