wondering....

Kes

Gold Member
i have been to the dr's last week... he suggested i find out more about orlistat (i think thats how its spelt) and i keep coming up with this....
is this the same???

basically all im reading on other sites, is dont do it, dont do it.....
ive got 6 stone to loose.. (wow that sounds a lot when you write it down)
im 4 weeks finished (starting week 5 today) on Slim fast, and for the past 2 weeks ive not lost anything....
its really disheartening. and want to do so much better.....

i dont know anything about what this tablet does.. apart from it blocks your body from processing fat...

but when i look at all the foods (esp in my cub) they are all well above the fat content (prob half my problem!!)

what are people eating???
i say i dont have much time for exercise.... but i do have an active job (im a nanny so therefore on the go all the time) i do that 3 days a week from 8am-7pm (so by the time i get home im shatted)
Fridays i clean for 3+ hours (which is great exercise)
and mondays i try very hard to do at least 1/2 -1 hour on the wii fit doing various things like yoga, and muscle building stuff, and i always make sure i can do the long distance run on there.....
2-3 weeks ago i hurt my back, so therfore i am unable to go straight back into the full swing of the wii, but im trudging along with the rest of my work, and cleaning......

can any one suggest any thing...
advise on anything,
and maybe tell me if this is the right thing for me to be on?????
thanks in advance...
Ps sorry for the long rant!!!

Hi, i had only heard the horror stories about orlistat and how people have had accidents so when the dr offered me it the first time i said no thanks. However i started it over a week ago when she offered me it again. To be honest if you stick to a calorie and fat controlled diet you shouldn't get the side effects. I have had no bad effects since i started it. All the horror stories are normally because people have eaten something with a high fat content. Alibalibee on this forum has lost lots of weight with xenical and hasn't had the bad effects.

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

Hey !

orlistat defo had a bad reputation! Ut the only way y9u will get side effects is if u go over the 5/100g fat rule or more than 15g per meal. I dont know any one who has soiled them selves etc when i go over i get nasty orange oil in the loo (sorry to be so frank but im just tellin the truth!!!). Its not nice but it does put u off eating akfc bucket hehehe

Give it a go! there are lots of people on here that r doing fantastic!

luv katie

Hi, I havethe same amount of weight to lose as you, I have tried loads of diets and nothing ever worked for me. My Dr perscribed me the tablet 4 weeks ago and I have had no side effects at all, I have been very good and stuck to the 5/15g fat rule. I have must first weigh in on Thursday so I will be able to tell you how much I lost. The table is making me think about what I eat now b4 eating it as I don't want the dreaded oil :D. You should give it a go you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. All the people on this link are so nice and friendly and have loads of advice, good luck, :)

i have been to the dr's last week... he suggested i find out more about orlistat (i think thats how its spelt) and i keep coming up with this....
is this the same???

basically all im reading on other sites, is dont do it, dont do it.....
ive got 6 stone to loose.. (wow that sounds a lot when you write it down)
im 4 weeks finished (starting week 5 today) on Slim fast, and for the past 2 weeks ive not lost anything....
its really disheartening. and want to do so much better.....

i dont know anything about what this tablet does.. apart from it blocks your body from processing fat...

but when i look at all the foods (esp in my cub) they are all well above the fat content (prob half my problem!!)

what are people eating???
i say i dont have much time for exercise.... but i do have an active job (im a nanny so therefore on the go all the time) i do that 3 days a week from 8am-7pm (so by the time i get home im shatted)
Fridays i clean for 3+ hours (which is great exercise)
and mondays i try very hard to do at least 1/2 -1 hour on the wii fit doing various things like yoga, and muscle building stuff, and i always make sure i can do the long distance run on there.....
2-3 weeks ago i hurt my back, so therfore i am unable to go straight back into the full swing of the wii, but im trudging along with the rest of my work, and cleaning......

can any one suggest any thing...
advise on anything,
and maybe tell me if this is the right thing for me to be on?????
thanks in advance...
Ps sorry for the long rant!!!

Goodmorning Kes, nice to meet you!. I have been on Xenical for 4 weeks this wed, and have lost 12.2lbs this has been achieved with a low fat diet i have kept below 5-6g of fat per meal, 3 meals a day. I f i snack i have snack a jacks or fruit, I have given banana's a wide birth because they bung me up a bit. I too am struggling with certain area's of my body with weight loss. I haven't been able to excersize much apart from the wii fit, walking and dumbells for my arms..I too have 6 stone to lose..hopefully we can spur each other on..Keep up the hard work ;)

I DID IT...
i went down this morning after recieving a few kick up the bum's and i got a prescription, and wow... they are pretty little (well not eaxtly little) blue pills...
wow

next question being...
whats your fave dinner/ recipie for your fave meal???

still have got no idea what the hell im doing...
Need to read the leaflet that came with it (although i was expecting a 500 page manual to go with it..)

need to convince my hubby that its not all that bad....

thanks

wow u got a leaflet? i dint get owt!! hehehe

heres my fav dinner esp now its freeeeeeeeezing! heheh

A colmans sausage mix made up
4 quorn sausages
50g mushrooms
1 onion
200g baked beans

Chuck it all in a casserole dish and cover, cook for 1hour!!

Serves 2, 264 cals each, 5.4g fat each serving

or theres your classic stir fry loadsa a veg a small lean chiecken breast noodles and a blue draggon sauce!

WW do a fab range of things like pizzas and quick meals for you to take to work etc! Batchlors low fat super noodles, pasta with half a canof chopped tomato onion garlic salt pepper herbs an tea spoon on low cal sweetner!

oooh my fav sat moring treat is 2 ww petie pains and 4 qorn sausages. under both rules 300cals! very tastey with tom ketchup instead of marge

cant think of any more sure the girls ill add a few more to the list!

good luck onyour xenical journey!! post lots

love katie

Hello and welcome.

Well done for going for it and getting a presciption. This is my 2nd week on xenical, I lost 5 lbs last week.

I have no favourite meal as yet, just being cutting out fat from my meals, nothing fried. Filling up with veg at meal time, with chicken, fish, lean meat.
I'm not eating potatoes and I am snacking on fruit and weight watchers yoghurts.

I got some tummy cramps and nausea around day 6/7, but that seems to have stopped now.

Good luck, the posters on here are very friendly and helpful, they keep me motivated.

I got a leaflet too.. ;) actually I have 2 now..lol :p

Definitely agree with Katie about the chicken stir fry, I use the blue dragon chow mein sauce and chuck in some Amoy straight to wok noodles as well.

Nice and tasty and very filling and also quick and simple to prepare. x

I have had turkey mince bolognese with wholemeal pasta
Or Jacket potato cottage cheese and salad
Or mattersons turkey rashers on weightwatchers Bagel and Lighterlife cream cheese.
Cooked chicken with 1 potato veg and chopped tomatoes (Im a fiend for tomato based sauces. Also asda do a great range of low fat meals as do Tesco.

Back