• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Wonder's Experiment - Week 1 results!

I’m probably going to deeply regret this, and many of you will think me mad for doing it. What am I taking about? Exercise! Yes, we all love to hate it, and I’m no exception! :hide:
SW is a great plan and you certainly don’t have to exercise to lose weight on it. However, I personally am curious to see how much of a difference a sustained effort will make to my weekly losses.

My main trigger for wanting to do this is a very special holiday coming up in 5 weeks time. I’m so fed up of dodging the camera or looking at photos and saying “God! I look so fat!” that, I’ve decided it MUST be different this time.

By sharing my exercise diary with all of you over the next few weeks, I’m hoping it will;

a) Encourage me to stick with it :character00115:
b) If it works… give others the inspiration to do more of it.
c) If nothing else, give you all a good laugh! :rotflmao:

I’m going at it guns blazing - my goals are;

1) Ensure I clock up between 10,000 and 12,000 steps (recommended for weight loss) every day on my pedometer.
2) Do cardio/toning DVD at least 4 times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3) Drink recommended 2 litres of water a day (I retain too much and don’t drink enough).

So, that’s the plan.

I’ll post the first instalment tomorrow. Today is my first day and I have yet to go home and leap around in front of the TV, like a woman possessed – uh oh!

May the force be with me!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Ohh good on you hun, that sounds very ambitious though hun, I'm sure you'll do brilliantly but if you can't fit in 4 x 30 min sessions a week then don't be hard on yourself. xxx

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
Good idea wonder. I should be doing that too. The thing i worry about though is (youwill prob think i'm daft but) if i start exercising, then lose good amounts of weight each week, then stop and don't lose anything because my body is used to the exercise. Am i daft??

Good idea wonder. I should be doing that too. The thing i worry about though is (youwill prob think i'm daft but) if i start exercising, then lose good amounts of weight each week, then stop and don't lose anything because my body is used to the exercise. Am i daft??
No, you are most certainly NOT daft. We all worry about these things because losing weight is such an uphill struggle.

I know from experience that we can lose weight with SW without exercising - that's the beauty of it! I just want to give myself that 'extra' boost and am curious to see how much of a benefit it might be... x

Good on ya!!!

I'm starting my exercise routine next week too -got flu so can't really start until then :-( But think might need a kick up the arse to do it - going to do a salsa class, ballroom dancing and pilates or yoga

I certainly will :) Aiming to be fit and healthy for Saturday and do a Pilates class - start off gentle;)

loobylou

Reached Target. woohoo
No one hated excercise as much as i did but now i love it, i only do 3 x 15 mins per week and twice on the wii fit. I like to walk whenever i can. Its what helped me to lose the weight quicker and my body is more toned, so anything is better than nothing. xxx loobylou

How's it all going with the experiment?

I have formulated my plan and you have to kick me if I don't stick to it. I'm going to start Monday as still not 100% so think Friday may be ambitious.

Monday - Ballroom/Latin American beginners dance class
Tuesday - Tai Chi
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - Yoga
Friday - Salsa
Saturday - Pilates
Sunday - rest

That is the ultimate plan - may have to work up to it slowly, quite excited about starting it actually :) Just need to get healthy again !!

Well I purchased a cross trainer at the weekend and it tells you approx how many calories your burning etc etc. Started on Sunday and did 15 mins and did 2 lots yesterday. I really hope this speeds up my weight loss xx

Wonder's Experiment - DAY 1

Well... Day 1 successfully completed as follows;

Pedometer steps total = 13,099 :eek: Woah!

I didn't do anything out of the norm - I walked to and from the train station which is a total of 40 mins and popped out for lunch.

30 mins Cardio

I did this when I got home and have to admit it was pretty tough. Today, I feel as though I've been run over by a bus! But I guess that means its working!

2 litres of water

Only managed 1.5 litres and can't stay out of the loo!!

I slept like a baby and feel pretty good today :D

Good on ya!!! Well done. Don't worry if you don't stick to it like glue to start with - you will need to work up to it - 13,099 steps is impressive!!

Thats very impressive planning for the both of you!!!
Wonder....thats amazing!!!
Can I just say though, dont over do it to begin with, just gradually build up the exercise programme and before you know it, you'll be hiking up Everest!!
I do 4 hours exercise a week - well I teach jive, so constantly dancing! I try and go swimming as much as possible..only learnt to swim 4 years ago and making up for it now!
I walk as much as I can, even sometimes leaving the car at home to collect Daughter from Nursery if I have finished on time.
But thats me! I will try and do more...we have a Wii fit at home that is still in its box (bought it about 3 weeks ago!)...we are having our house rebuilt and Hubby didnt want to get it out until new carpet down...now it it, watch this space!

Good luck with the exercise!

Kerry-Ann
xx

I really want the Wii Fit too :(

Well done Wonder, keep up the good work. Don't forget to take your measurements because that's a true sign of how well the exercise is working.

Wonder my love,

You have inspired me. lol. When i first started SW i was exercising (50 minute DVD) once a week and working in a shop so always on my feet. Now i'm sitting in an office i need to make the extra effort.

I'm going to buy a pedometer (how much and where from??) lol, and bring a 2 litre bottle of water to work with me so i can keep track of how much i'm drinking (I, too retain cause i don't drink enough)
And i'm going to try my bestest to do my dvd 3 times a week (but if i'm busy i won't beat myself up about it) and try and go for a walk around my building a few times a day to keep the blood flowing as they say!

Thanks hun. Good luck with your experiement!! xxxxx