Wonder's Experiment - Week 1 results!

Wonder my love,

You have inspired me. lol. When i first started SW i was exercising (50 minute DVD) once a week and working in a shop so always on my feet. Now i'm sitting in an office i need to make the extra effort.

I'm going to buy a pedometer (how much and where from??) lol, and bring a 2 litre bottle of water to work with me so i can keep track of how much i'm drinking (I, too retain cause i don't drink enough)
And i'm going to try my bestest to do my dvd 3 times a week (but if i'm busy i won't beat myself up about it) and try and go for a walk around my building a few times a day to keep the blood flowing as they say!

Thanks hun. Good luck with your experiement!! xxxxx

Aww.. thanks Honey. What generous words :)

I got my pedometer from Boots. It was under £10. I was shocked yesterday to realise how many steps I'd done without really trying. I work in an office too, so always try to get out at lunchtime.

I have a 1 litre bottle of water on my desk and one at home, which has made it so much easier to remember to drink!

You certainly have the right attitude - no point in beating oneself up if we're not always 100%.

I was once fortunate enough to get personal fitness advice from Joanna Hall (GMTV fitness Guru) and she said "always follow the 80/20 rule" Do your best 80% of the time and you'll see results. I always remember that now. It's her DVD's that I do and she highly recommends the walking too.
I find her a great motivator and very realistic.

Keep me updated on how things go ;) xxx

I will do lovely :)

I'm gona see if i can get one online, can't afford to spend to much on a pedometer to be honest!

Going to a friends house tonight so i plan to do my DVD tomorrow night!

Rarrr Rock On!!! We are empowered women - Nothing can stop us!! xxx

Wonder's Experiment - DAY 2

Morning Peeps! :D

Update for yesterday (day 2)

Pedometer steps = 13,363
Even more than yesterday!

DVD workout = rest day
In any case, lounge taken over by men and beer last night, so decided to ditch the leotard in favour of a hot bath to soothe my aching musles from Wednesday's workout.

Water = 2 litres
Might have to move my desk into the ladies loos as I seem to be in there 50% of the time at the mo!

Feeling rested today and looking forward to my workout tonight... :character00116: but then it is only 10am..

Hey love,

i did ponder as to how you were getting on...
Yes you do need to have a rest day lol.

Today on my way to work i bought a big bottle of evian, it's only 1.5 litres but i figure that's cool cause that can be a monitor for what i drink at work as i drink about a sports bottle (500 ml) of water in the evening anyway.
I'm *hopefully* going to do my dvd this evening. I know i really should but i went out with my friend last night and although it wasn't a REALLY late one (went to sleep about 1:30 this morning and had to get up at 8) i'm still feeling like i just want to curl into a little ball and go to sleep when i get home. But A) hopefully i'll wake up over the course of the day and B) the exercise will probably wake me up and i need to cause i'm seeing my boyfriend tonight and we haven't seen each other much this week, i don't wanna spend an hour with him before i fall asleep haha.

I was thinking, you might be able to help me on this one...
Surely if you drink lots more water than you usually do, it'll sit on you, i mean, water is quite heavy...
How does it compare with weight loss in the first week or so, do you know?

Keep up the good work, you're one amazing lady xxxx

Well done Wonder - you are doing fab - and all those steps!!!

This morning I am going down to the leisure centre to fill in all the paperwork, I need to get out of the house and I emailed them yesterday and I can get it quite cheap as I work for the local council (£20 a month for use of swiming pool - not that I swim!, gym and all the classes) Even if I just do 2 classes a week I'm getting more than my money's worth!) I hate going to the gym but I may use it if am paying all in for the classes anyway.

Then will begin on Monday :)

Hey love,

i did ponder as to how you were getting on...
Yes you do need to have a rest day lol.

Today on my way to work i bought a big bottle of evian, it's only 1.5 litres but i figure that's cool cause that can be a monitor for what i drink at work as i drink about a sports bottle (500 ml) of water in the evening anyway.
I'm *hopefully* going to do my dvd this evening. I know i really should but i went out with my friend last night and although it wasn't a REALLY late one (went to sleep about 1:30 this morning and had to get up at 8) i'm still feeling like i just want to curl into a little ball and go to sleep when i get home. But A) hopefully i'll wake up over the course of the day and B) the exercise will probably wake me up and i need to cause i'm seeing my boyfriend tonight and we haven't seen each other much this week, i don't wanna spend an hour with him before i fall asleep haha.

I was thinking, you might be able to help me on this one...
Surely if you drink lots more water than you usually do, it'll sit on you, i mean, water is quite heavy...
How does it compare with weight loss in the first week or so, do you know?

Keep up the good work, you're one amazing lady xxxx

Hey Honey,

Well done for jumping straight on the water wagon! I think it's great that you want to do your DVD tonigh too. I'm awful when I'm tired, so completely understand the need to go home and chill, but if you can muster up the energy, you'll feel great afterwards.

Regarding the water here goes...

The body is made up of more than 70% water. The blood more than 80%, brain more than 75%, and the liver is 96% water!
Because we lose water through sweating and going to the loo, if we don’t replace it the body hangs on to it (as a kind of precaution) sometimes causing fluid retention
The amount of water we drink determines the body's ability to metabolize and shed excess fat. Weight loss is mostly due to the liver converting stored fat into energy, but we have to drink enough water for it to be able to do that.
It is also supposed to suppress the appetite and helps digest food properly and increasing the amount we drink speeds up metabolism.
I actually already increased my intake over the last two weeks and because I was so impressed with the results I’ve upped it to the full 2 litres as of this week.
At first I struggled to drink the extra water and felt a little bloated, but soon started to see the benefits in my skin and was feeling fuller and not wanting to snack. After the second week my sleep quality improved, my skin is looking really good – glowing almost, and I am not thinking about food all the time.

I'm no doctor, but constantly read up about health and stuff, because it interests me. After finally getting into the water habit, I've seen first hand that everything they say is true! Just not sure why it's taken me so bloody long! :doh:

I'm really interested to see how you get on, so if you do decide to keep it up, promise to let me know. Just give it a few weeks, the benefits are almost instant.

Crikey - that was a bit like 'war & peace' - sorry! xxx

Well done Wonder - you are doing fab - and all those steps!!!

This morning I am going down to the leisure centre to fill in all the paperwork, I need to get out of the house and I emailed them yesterday and I can get it quite cheap as I work for the local council (£20 a month for use of swiming pool - not that I swim!, gym and all the classes) Even if I just do 2 classes a week I'm getting more than my money's worth!) I hate going to the gym but I may use it if am paying all in for the classes anyway.

Then will begin on Monday :)

Hey Snow White,

Nice to hear from you :) Great news that you get your membership so cheaply. I hate the gym too, but like classes. It sounds perfect for you because there's lots of variety in the classes, which will keep it interesting. Also, when you're doing stuff you love, it doesn't feel like exercise :D

Good luck for Monday and keep me updated - I'd love to hear how it's going xx

I always drink quite a bit of water anyway but i'm going to keep this up and keep myself hydrated haha!!

I'm just worried i'll drink more than i use etc and it will come us as 'weight' on the scales.. even though it's water but not fat - i won't know that and it might de-motivate me... xxx

Well, have filled in all the forms and got my card and itchy to get started but know I can't yet (need to be able to feel my jelly legs soon, am so irritated!!). Have got my class timetable and underlined all the ones I want to go to! And a gym induction booked just in case I ever want to use it. Might tell the induction person I just want to do free weights and a bit of cardio (just crosstrainer and treadmill) - hate all those complicated resistance machines - can never work them lol!

I always drink quite a bit of water anyway but i'm going to keep this up and keep myself hydrated haha!!

I'm just worried i'll drink more than i use etc and it will come us as 'weight' on the scales.. even though it's water but not fat - i won't know that and it might de-motivate me... xxx

Fret not love, you will be wee-ing until the cows come home! :D xx

Haha ok i'll take your word for it!

I've nearly finished my 1.5 litre bottle without even realising it! xx

well, I started a day early!!! I knew there was a pilates class on this morning and I was up early enough and feeling much better so got in the car and got my ass in there!!! Really enjoyed it and really glad I went - can't wait for the next class !! :)

well, I started a day early!!! I knew there was a pilates class on this morning and I was up early enough and feeling much better so got in the car and got my ass in there!!! Really enjoyed it and really glad I went - can't wait for the next class !! :)

Well done Honey - that's the spirit! It feels good doesn't it :D

And Brittany did her DVD on Friday like she said she would so BIG 'well done' hugs to both of you :hug99:

About to update on weekend, so watch this space...

Aww i like well done hugs lol.

Wonder if you get a moment, i've started a thread called "Those who have upped their water intake"
You might be able to help me out. Thanks xx

Wonder's Experiment - Days 3, 4 & 5

Well, the weekend was interesting, because it made me realise how much less active I am than during the week...

Friday was good 12,800 pedometer steps. Winding down for the weekend ;)

Saturday and Sunday I only managed to do around 7,000 pedometer steps over the whole two days! But, it was a particularly chilled weekend, with no shopping. HOWEVER, I did do 60 mins of cardio on Saturday morning, so it's all good.

Water intake was probably just under the 2 litres each day.

1 more 30 min session of my DVD to fit in either today or tomorrow, before WI and then we shall see how much of a difference it's all made...

I gave in to a few sweets at the movies yesterday, but nothing drastic.

xx

As sounds like you had a good weekend all in all...
Well done xx

Good on y'all!!

Went to my dance class tonight - was bit nerve wracking walking in on my own for the 1st time - but really enjoyed it - did rock n roll, waltz, fox-trot and cha cha!! Jolly good fun - gym induction tomorrow night then a rest on Wednesday night!!!

Lou x x

Good on y'all!!

Went to my dance class tonight - was bit nerve wracking walking in on my own for the 1st time - but really enjoyed it - did rock n roll, waltz, fox-trot and cha cha!! Jolly good fun - gym induction tomorrow night then a rest on Wednesday night!!!

Lou x x

Hello!

That sounds cool and great fun too! Well done that girl. Keep up the good work :D xx

I WI tonight... quite excited actually!

Back