Woohoo! It's been a year...

icemoose

The Diet Guy
Well it has now been a year of being slim!

Never been slim before so actually lived a year in a new body and it has been cool!!

Also much prouder that I am still at goal weight than actually losing the weight as everyone told me I would put 12 stone straight back on as the diet damages your metabolism (what a load of crap that is!)

Anyway to anyone on the mad diet that is Cambridge I urge you to just hang in there as the diet really is life changing stuff and if you glug the H20, get a few early nights, be stubborn, drink some more water, make a muffin, break your teeth on a cranberry bar, make crisps, have a bath, drink some more water and rub some bio oil in then you really can get to where you want to and more importantly stay there.

M.

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary Mike!!!!!!

Well done. It really is good to read about this and gives me hope that I too will be able to keep all the weight off when I get to goal.

You continue to inspire

Jazzy x

Big congratulations Mike!!
Also much prouder that I am still at goal weight than actually losing the weight as everyone told me I would put 12 stone straight back on the diet damages your metabolism (what a load of crap that is!)

Here! Here! or is it Hear! Hear!:confused: to everything you wrote there!

Also much prouder that I am still at goal weight than actually losing the weight as everyone told me I would put 12 stone straight back on as the diet damages your metabolism (what a load of crap that is!)

Hee hee, you just *know* some of them are still muttering "you know he'll put it all back on again" even now...

Well done Mike - congrats on your first of many years of being slim. :D

Brilliant Mike - well done, it's great to see that the maintenance can be done as well as the diet.

Here's to many more years of slimdom :D

HAPPY THIN BIRTHDAY! if i'd known i'd have baked a (very low fat) cake :D

xxxxxxxxx

Happy Slim-day to you
Happy slim-day to you
Happy slim-day dear Ice-moose
Happy slim-day to yoooooo!! :D

A huge well done - you're an inspiration to us all :)

Well done Mike:) You were and still are my inspiration for doing the CD journey.

I am still about 8lbs away from the top end of my goal weight but having lost well over 5 stone so far I know I can get there!

Reading your blog and following the advice you have given has got me where I am today and I thank you so much for that!

When I get a cuddle from my hubby now he says it feels like he is being unfaithful as he feels as if he's cuddling a different woman:rolleyes:

Anyway...thanks Mike...you've changed my life:)

Hi Mike - Wow, what an inspiration you are :)

Also much prouder that I am still at goal weight than actually losing the weight

I'm so impressed that you have maitained your new look
(from one who lost alot of weight on LL, then put it back on, by going back to my old ways)
This time I WILL reach goal, and more importantly, stay there.
Thanks for sharing your journey :D

Congratulations! You are a real inspiration.

I have just started this diet - So far so good. I'll go as far as to say I'm actually enjoying it! With 10 stone to lose when I started 8 days ago, it seemed like an impossibe task, but as each day passes I'm starting to actually believe that I WILL get there. It's reading about people like yourself that has helped to convince me! However, my one worry that I have always had is that I will get to target and then put the weight back on, but you've proved that it doesn't need to be like that. Well done!

Ti@ra

Congratulations Mike, Your truly an inspiration to all of us just starting out. :)

Hiya Lipo

I have the same mentality to maintaining as I did to losing the weight.

I am an all or nothing person (as most of use mad VLCDers are) and therefore that is why we struggle eating afterwards as you need to find a middle ground.

So I still have the all or nothing, for example I won't eat past 8pm at night, full stop, won't do it, never ever ever!

I won't eat anything in my office apart from my packed lunch and fruit, ever, ever, ever! Even on my birthday I will buy cakes for everyone else but I won't eat as it is a slippy slope.

Also I still drink loads of water! 2 litres a day still as that helps maintain.

Oh and I try and eat a lot of protein so chicken is very much part of my stable diet in the week.

And a bit of GI! Have porridge for breakfast as that keeps me cooking till lunchtime!

And I have done a lot of research into nutrition (just starting on OU course in it) so I really understand food.

And finally I have realised that it is calories that count, if you eat 3000 calories a day of healthy food then you will still put on weight!

M.

What a star! So pleased for you. As one who never bothers to worry about tomorrow when I can worry about the entire next decade, the problem of weight regain has already started nagging at me. Will you please call in on your next slim anniversary?
A small Q, which I hpe isn't too impetinent. These pages are so predominated by women,did it feel a bit intimidating when you first came aboard? Or maybe the comon link of obesity is
greater than any gender gap?

Congratulations

I have to say that I always say dieting as a girlie thing even when I was doing them but there are just as many overweight guys and girls and the guys have to realise that they have to slim down as well.

It has never bothered me though, I used to work in Safeway on the tills with 60 woman and no other men so have always had a feminine side (I am wearing my pink shirt today!)

M.

Back