Wooooow!!!

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hey guys, having just read through this part of the forum I think I am gonna give this plan a try. Recently I have been trying to be good every day and consume no more than 1000 cals, which generally is working well most days but every now and then I have a rubbish day or I crumble and end up eating too many cals so the weight doesnt come off. I think knowing that I can eat "tomorrow" will keep me motivated and it seems to work judging by most of the posts/threads on here, so I figure its worth a try! According to the calculator I can have 2024 cals on an UD and 450 on a DD, which I think is fine!

So far today I have already consumed 160 in breakfast (banana and glass skimmed milk) as I hadnt planned to start a new diet today! But its ok cos thats what I have been having every day and is a healthy balanced breakfast!

I plan to consume 72 cals in my lunch (weight watchers soup) which leaves me 220 for dinner, which is stirfry veg which I will do dry instead of in oil with a little soy sauce for flavour.

Then tomorrow I can be a bit more adventurous and I think maybe a pasta bake.... ooooh it feels so naughty to be allowing myself carbs as since doing VLCDs whenever I think "pasta" a massive alarm bell and flashing red light go off in my head!!

So will let you know how I get on- I must get some scales though so I can check on how Im doing as at the moment I can only really judge weightloss by the tightness of my clothes!

So, wish me luck!

That sounds a great plan. I found JUDDD really easy once I got used to the fluctuations, your weight goes up and down (but more down than up) because of the different regimes every day. It doesn't feel much like dieting because you get to eat what you like every other day and when you have lost your weight and go onto maintenance it is very easy to keep in control.

Words of warning are the obvious ones, if you eat 4000 calories every UD you won't lose any weight so although you can eat normally and have treats etc there's no point overdoing it continuously. And everyone gets the occasional plateau, they normally last a week or two, then the weight falls off again, usually pretty quickly to make up for the stalling.

Good luck with it, I hope you enjoy JUDDD, it really isn't like any other diet out there and you don't have to pay for it! Keep posting how you are getting on, I'm around here pretty often.

Good luck! I tried it last year and found it quite good actually. It helps if you've SS'd in the past because the DDs don't seem all that severe and the UDs are bliss!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on

Thanks Claire,

Good to have someone about who has tried and tested it before! Yeah I plan to stick within the recommended cal intake on UDs which is 2045 for me at my current weight/height/age/lifestyle according to the calculator. That averages 1200 cals a day so I can see how I would lose weight on a diet with that amount of cals. Im gonna try not to use up the whole 2045 cals as that is actually a lot for me! I normally try and never eat more than 1200 a day at the moment although it doesnt always work. Will def give it a go anyhow- Im gonna buy some scales today and plan to only weigh myself twice a week on the morning of an UD so I will see the best results! Will keep you posted- DD1 has gone well so far although I have had a babybel light and a single rice cake. Will have to go check the cal content of those to make sure I dont go over my limit..... ok so thats not too bad, babybel light is only 50 cals and the rice cake was 31 cals, so thats 81 cals.... so instead of 220 cals at dinner i will only have 140- which to be honest will just mean foregoing the sauce on the veg! xx

PS Claire what sort of weightloss should i expect on this plan? if i am doing 10000 steps a day and some swimming once a week as well? x

Hey giys you may have seen that after much deliberation I decided not to do up days and down days, and stick to 600-1000 cals a day unless I really felt the need for more food or for a special occasion.

This morning the scales show a loss of 2lb, down 2lb on yesterday although it may well be a couple of days worth of loss which is showing. I'm happy with this so think I will stick to doing my own thing and only try JUDDDD if I get stuck on a plateau.

Hope you are all going strong! Wbs x

Wannabeslim, one advantage of JUDDD is that your metabolism doesn't slow down to match your lower calorie intake which is what happens to me if I just cut down generally. So if you find your losses on calorie counting start to tail off you may find alternating higher and lower days counteracts this. Something to bear in mind for the fitire. Good luck with the diet whatewver you decide to do.

Back