Work day lunches - what do you have?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm starting a new job tomorrow so am trying to think about what lunches I can take with me each day. I've just been shopping and bought some salad stuff, cooked chicken and tuna so can take salads but I'll soon get bored having that every day! So all ideas welcome :)

Today i have had cup a soup, multigrain crackers & low fat spreading cheese & a banana.

Other days i have, banana rolls, yogurt with merignue for dessert.

I have a food flask wider than a thermos flask then if i have pasta the night before i heat it in the morning and put it in my flask for lunch.

I have all sorts (when I'm organised).

Salads are surprisingy versatile- don't forget you can add bits of cheese and fruit to it too! (I love ham, grapes and a bit of mozarella :D).
I also take thermoses of soup with some bread (usually pitta because we have a toaster).
Pasta salads (tesco sometimes do offers on their finest ones) are a nice accompaniement to leaf salads too - I only use 100g or so but it really hits the spot! Same for couscous!
Pasta from the night before is nice cold (or heated if you have a microwave there) - and I like cold rice and chicken, and chilli too!

I'm pretty boring i'm afraid! Despite being in a 7 floor office we have no microwave! :sigh: I have sandwiches or mugshots or eat out.

Does the food stay really warm in a Thermos?

I wondered that about a thermos too CB.

I like pastas but they're quite high calorie so tend to avoid them mostly. But I guess if I sit and work out my days food then I should be able to fit it in, especially when I usually end up under calories!

What are your favourite pasta recipes?

chocolate_bananas said:
I'm pretty boring i'm afraid! Despite being in a 7 floor office we have no microwave! :sigh: I have sandwiches or mugshots or eat out.

Does the food stay really warm in a Thermos?

Mine does :) but hubby stole it when he was working outdoors in the snow!! It's covered in dried cement now lol but soup, pasta, beans, leftover chilli, casserole and even spag have gone in there ! I once wedged a jacket spud in the bottom and other than having to virtually mash it to get it out it was totally edible lol

As for work lunches check out the river cottage site. He did a make lunch interesting campaign not long ago and there was some yummy stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I take Warburtons Sandwich Thins with low fat cheese spread. Each sandwich is only 125 cals.
I also have cous cous which is about 200 cals.
Ww chicken noodle soup is only around 50 cals.

Back