Work Dilema

Baby_Cakes

Dave's little girl
I have a bit of a work dilema/question that might turn out to be a bit of waffle - so do forgive me if it is.

I work as a Senior ICT Support technician in a secondary school, we also have two primarys that we support within a 6 mile radius. I have been working there for 5 years now and really do love the job. Over the past 2ish years the job has been threatened several times with redundancies thus creating a bit of a negative atmosphere. Theres and ICT manager (4 days a week) and one other lower level technician. I get on with them fine, but they arent my choice of friends.

I saw an advertisement for a firm today - same side of town as I live - for an ICT Support Engineer. My capabilities match the job description and seem to appear to be a similar role the only difference being it is in industry and not education. IT jobs in my town are few and far between, meaning that a hundred or more people could/will apply making the chances minimal.

So, my question is do I go for the job? I know I have the physical capabilities but will my current situation re negative image and self destruct be too much of an obstacle to fight a hundred other candidates?

Help.

I think go for it, I'm in a similar position & the job I'm looking at isn't going to be officially advertised for 8 weeks yet so I know I have a while to lose more. If you don't apply you're risking those "what if" feelings. Good Luck xx

I guess your right - weight shouldnt come into the equation. Besides, I always have a little more time to gain some momentum!

[

So, my question is do I go for the job? I know I have the physical capabilities but will my current situation re negative image and self destruct be too much of an obstacle to fight a hundred other candidates?

Help.

[/QUOTE]

Only you know your self image, they don't.... If you believe your up to the task then there is a good chance they will to so why not give it a go. You can always ask that references not be sought unless they are offering you the post....

Back