Work lunch

Purpled

Gold Member
I am eating out at work tomorrow, I've planned ahead and chose

Quorn Chilli
Served with basmati rice, tortilla chips and sour cream.

I've been before and it's a handful of tortilla chips (maybe 15-20g) and about 2tablespoon sour cream! I wouldn't eat all the sour cream

Right I sound stupid but I never syned a restaurant meal before! How do you guys estimate it? From the syns book? And guess?

Never mind I saw something I missed.....

Grilled Chicken & Bacon Salad
Hot slices of freshly grilled chicken breast and bacon rashers on a generous bed of mixed salad leaves, cucumber, red pepper, tomato and red onion with a drizzle of French dressing.

That looks like a much better choice!

But I still have the question how do people calculate meals such as pub meals?

Is that a brewers fayre or table table menu?
I work there amd would recommend asking for dressing in a jug as often they drench it. The chicken and bacon is cooked without oil. From this i have ate the salad without the dressing and classed it as free.
The mayonnaise is reduced fat in ours too i have been told this is the same across the whole brand, i often use this as an alternative to the french dressing

Butt3rb34n said:
Is that a brewers fayre or table table menu?
I work there amd would recommend asking for dressing in a jug as often they drench it. The chicken and bacon is cooked without oil. From this i have ate the salad without the dressing and classed it as free.
The mayonnaise is reduced fat in ours too i have been told this is the same across the whole brand, i often use this as an alternative to the french dressing

Wow! How great I have you lol! Yeah it's a brewers fayre. Only been once before, right near my work! So quick for us to go! The salad is a good choice then, without the dressing! :) any other good options?

Smothered chicken with jacket potato instead of chips is another of my favourites. The bbq sauce comes in a pot on the side so you can use at your own will. These are my fav choices for my breaks :)
There is also a selection of jacket potatos during weekdays if you were wanting something lighter x

Thanks for the help!

I had the salad it was sooo yummy and filling

Just need to syn the dressing, I never used it all though! And I imagine it's full fat!

Cheers gun! Well worth it! I was full all afternoon :)

Do you get tempted working around so many tasty choices! You need good will power not to order a burger I guess!

Na I dont really see it as food anymore because im serving it all day. I absolutely love being on desserts puts me off chocolate for a good day! The chicken tastes much nicer than the burgers anyway :p

Back