Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Work lunches

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Alana, 31 December 2009 Social URL.

1. Alana

Alana Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum so hello!
    I have been doing sw for a few weeks now and lost 8lb so far, but I'm desperate for some work lunch ideas. All I have at work is a toaster and a microwave, I'm currently having things like toast with laughing cow on top, melon and perhaps a light mini babybel(syning this obviously).
    Does anyone have any good ideas - bear in mind preparing anything the night before can sometimes be hard.
    Thanks and happy new year

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, and welcome to the forum xx

How about things like jacket potatoes or homemade vegetable soup?

4. Alana

Alana Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    I had thought of jacket potatoes in the microwave- does this work and do they taste as nice?
    I have the baked beans pots (green day) that microwave and have done the beans on toast thing.

5. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Do you have a kettle? I find mugshots for work are really good with some bits of fruit to pick at through the day. Sorry if you don't have a kettle though....

6. Harry'sMom07

Harry'sMom07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can you make a bit extra of your evening meal to take leftovers to reheat? Also cous cous and pasta salads. I cook my baked spud at home the night before then microwave it at work - not as nice as freshly done, but nicer than one done only in the microwave.

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  8. Alana

Alana Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    What are mugshots?

9. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooh Mugshots are the most amazing things! I swear by them on EE or Green days! They are small packets of pasta/noodle based soups and come in sweet n sour, chicken, spicy tomato, thai and creamy cheese flavours (correct me someone if there are any I've missed!) Most are free on EE and green but the creamy cheese are 2 syns! They're really filling and great as a lunch accompanied by something else such as Laughing Cow x-light (HEXa) on wholemeal toast (HEXb) or Ryvitas (HEXb) or a salad or anything of your choice that suits you and fits in with the plan really!! They really tide me over on a 12 hour shift in work, even as just a snack sometimes or if I don't have time to take a break I can have it in a mug behind the desk in work (I'm a nurse). They can be found in the soup isle with the cup-a-soups etc! Give them a go and hope you enjoy!! The make is simply 'Mugshots' by the way and it's under that name in the Food Directory/Online syns section!X

10. Alana

Alana Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Oooh I'm going to hunt them down as I'm normally a green girl.
    Thanks everyone x

11. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you shop at Sainsbury's this is quite nice, and it's only 51p a can.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sainsbury's Vegetable Ravioli in Tomato & Herb Sauce, canned 400g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [​IMG] 0 Syn on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 16½ Syns [​IMG] Green Free [/FONT]

[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]​
    I usually make soup at home to last 3 days (Butternut Squash or Lentil soups in particular are so quick and easy to make that it really isn't a hassle.) However, I usually keep a stock of those tins of Ravioli at work for emergencies.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.