Work Out DVD's

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
what work out dvd's would you recommend?

I really need to start doing some exercise, and was thinking of purchasing one.

I was looking at the p90x, but that looks a bit extreme.

Before I got my wii and EA sports active! (I'm not on commision honest!) I used to have a pile of dvds collecting dust! (they still are!) I always went back to Rosmary Conley especially the salsa ones as they weren't so much like work more fun. The oz aerobics crowd compilation, which has 6 different workouts for a tenner on Amazon including belly dancing! Which really gets to your hips! But has the aerobics plus pilates and other things too .If I wanted to feel I'd done something but didn't want to get sweaty then the yogalates ones are good. I've tried alot from love film but (probably an age thing) couldn't get on with the celebrity ones.

The new Davina DVD (which SW mag actually recommended recently) is awesome! I can't go to the gym as often atm so I got it in May to help me along and I love it. I do it 3-4times a week on average - but only one of the two workouts (about 45mins each).

I've lost 20lbs (13 of which since May) on SW and though I've had inch loss all over, I've lost 3inches off each thigh! It's scary really. I put it down to a combo of SW and this workout. My arms and legs feel like they've toned the most - but it's a lot of lunges and punches so expected those to be the areas worked most.

But a lot of people swear by Wii Fit etc too :) xxx

Last edited:
Any of the davina ones are really good,they really work you hard.
I have a nell mcandrew one and it is a killer,it definatley is the hardest one!

10 minute solutions

check them out on amazon. Cheap too. I use them in the morning plus there are so many in the series that you can choose from

Ive got the davina one... i bought it a few months ago, with good intentions honestly...
only it hasnt made its way out of the wrapper yet!! :eek:

i must get to trying it this week i MUST!
esp if you do get good results with it! :) xx

Ive tried a fair few of the DVD's but like some of the other girls I wholeheartedly recommend the Davina ones! They can be tough but they're good fun & the most important thing is you get results!

My fav one of hers is the 3 x 30 minute routine but thats as I like boxing & she does a cardiobox routine that trimmed my waist down like you wouldn't believe! :)

I have all of her DVD's except the pregnancy one & they're all great x

I have several of the Rosemary Conley ones and I love them - her instructions are clear and in advance so you know the next change of step is coming.

I have bought the Dirty Dancing and the Strictly Come dancercise and don't like either of them.

Haven't tried Davina but heard hers are good

Back