Work

I've had a call today, and the job I really really want have called me back for a second interview!!! It's 2 hours long as I have to have another more indepth interview, do an administrative task (draft a letter etc - any tips would be greatly appreciated), meet the rest of the team and meet the global manager of the HR department (they have lots of other branches throughout the world).

There's only one other person going for an interview, so I have a 50/50 chance of getting it!!

Work weren't too happy with me asking for an hour or so off on Friday morning (my other colleague has asked for the day off). To be fair I don't think my manager is too impressed with me at the minute, although that might have something to do with me admitting to another branch manager that I'm not happy. But then she's known that for a while now and hasn't done anything.

Anyway - wish me luck!!! :D

Really Really Really pleased for you sparkle, Really Really :D

Good luck girl, great news :p

Well it didn’t go well – AT ALL! Went in and had a 15 minutes with the manager who interviewed me previously. I was talking so quickly as I was so nervous. And then I had to do a small task where I have to look at a reference that has been returned and write a letter to request missing information. I wrote the letter requesting two bits of information/clarification, but missed the third bit I should ask for.

Then I was shown around the building – they have a gym there! Also the canteen does really healthy food, and it’s all charged at cost! So a cup of coffee is only 10p.

Then I met the global manager – this is where it went really really really wrong. She’s a lovely lady, but she asked all these weird personal questions – she later revealed that she has a psychology degree and used to be a psychologist! That explained all the questions. She really seemed to focus on the fact that I hadn’t been to college, and also the fact that when I picture myself in 5 years time I’m not very ambitious. I’m quite happy still working in an office, spending time with my family and friends, and being able to go on one nice holiday abroad a year. I don’t think she was impressed with that, but I’m not sure.

Anyway they’re going to let me know next week, but I’m 99.9% sure that I haven’t got it!

Boo :(

Hi Sparkle,

Only just read the thread. Sorry the interview didn't go well have you heard from them?

Just wanted to agree with everyone else really that if you're unhappy at work then it's time to leave. I've only been in this job for 7 months and am bored out of my brains. Have been offered another one and told them last friday that I am leaving. Handing my notice in this friday and am really hoping that by the time my 4 weeks notice is up my checks and references will have cleared (crb and stuff) and I can start new job straight away. Taking a bt of a gamble but don't want to stay here any longer.

Fingers x for you that you find something you like and really enjoy

Take care

Jo xx

Hiya Sparkle,

Just been reading your thread and in the same position so to speak re where you work now. When do you find out about the HR job?

One thing that keeps me going when I havent got a job I want is something my gran used to say:

"Whats for you won't pass you by" Just remember that, if you dont get a job you want just now that means that the right one for you will still come along!

Back