Worked once.. why not again :)

Discussion in '5:2 Fasting' started by miss14, 26 February 2014 Social URL.

1. miss14

miss14 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I have done 5:2 dieting before, twice, and had different experiences on both times. My first time was great - I lost about 7lbs (a lot for me, I can never stick to anything) and felt really great for it, more energy, better skin, more confident etc. I went downhill when my finals for Uni came around and I ate like a pig whilst revising, and just completely fell off the band wagon. I then spent the summer in America and put all the weight back on - and then some. Since coming back from America I tried 5:2 but wasn't sure what went wrong really, I just didn't seem to be loosing weight at all. Might have been my 'feasting' on non fast days, or I might have been under estimating my calorie intake on fast days. I since have been trying Slimming World and yo-yo a lot with it as I tend to binge and fall off the wagon. I think this time around I should do 5:2 as it's the only diet I have ever actually lost weight on. Also, I know that quite a lot of people do 5:2 when they have not got a huge amount to loose (I realistically have about a stone to loose, would love 1 and a 1/2) SOOOO here goes nothing! Only decided this morning so my first fasting day is going to be tomorrow. I'm going to have 3 days fasting this week, Thursday, Saturday and Monday to give myself a bit of a boost. Would love to hear anyone else's stories or how they are getting on :)

Good luck everyone!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers and 16:8 intermittent fasting
    Would love to go to America, the food always looks so good! ! Probably wouldn't fit on the plane home though ( bad enough going lol)

Hope your first fast this time around goes well. X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using MiniMins.com mobile app

4. Twinrix

Twinrix Full Member

Start Weight:
    281.1lb
    Current Weight:
    241.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    218.3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.7lb(14.12%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I really wish you well on your weight losing journey. Just hang-in there, it will work for you this time as well. We can support each other, that's why I am here. You are welcome to follow me at [h=3]Stefan - Still far way to go[/h]

5. soshbfly

soshbfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.6lb(10.51%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World since 25 April 16
    Welcome Miss14 - looks like we're starting the same time with slightly similar goals! I'm excited to see how it goes. My only concern is around my energy level as I work out quite a lot.

Rach - America is worth the visit and not knowing your shape, I'd just say that I was around your weight ~15 years ago and am an inch shorter and I fit (needed a seat-belt extender, but managed in the seats :) Congrats on your loss to date! You can treat yourself to a trip to the US when you get to goal - something nice to look forward to :)

6. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    That would be a nice goal. :) I can't see your weight on my phone but I am guessing you lost most of it? Well done to you :)

7. soshbfly

soshbfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.6lb(10.51%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World since 25 April 16
    Hi Rach, yes I lost quite a bit (100lbs) a long time ago. I only put my starting weight going into Dukan in 2011 as that' the weight I was at for a long while (11 years before going on Dukan). That was 11 years without a diet!

8. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Wow 100lb, that's amazing. You must feel great. I lost about 70lb a few years back but put it all back on. Medication is now making it hard :(

9. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and good luck x

10. Twinrix

Twinrix Full Member

Start Weight:
    281.1lb
    Current Weight:
    241.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    218.3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.7lb(14.12%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I love travelling to America and often I lose weight there ... might be that I go to Hawaii??

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.