Working Around Food?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sugar_lipswales, 24 April 2011 Social URL.

1. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does anyone on here work with or around food all day? I've just started working at a pub and I'm around food all day long and it's starting to drive me slowly mad!
    All the really hot, really lovely pub food that is definately bad for you but smells and looks delicious! Help guys! How am I going to cope???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peachy7

peachy7 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yep, have worked in catering for 8 years and done SW on and off for about 4, I take my own food and make sure i have fruit within easy reach and celery and carrots etc cut up, plus i always save a jacket potato with beans for my lunch

4. Butt3rb34n

Butt3rb34n Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I work in a hotel. It drives me mad sometimes when I see everyone else tucking in to the food! I agree I always have a handbag full of fruit, hifi bars and mug shots just incase x

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have you tried telling yourself you don't want the food rather than 'I can't have' whatever food it is which drives you mad.;)

6. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Maybe if you spend some time in the kitchen seeing how its cooked you'd fancy it less? Couldn't eat fiah & chips for years after working in a chippy & seeing how stuff was cooked!

7. Butt3rb34n

Butt3rb34n Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ye I tell myself that because I know how its all made, but it means I don't get a break from the bar like everyone else because I don't have an excuse to hide in the kitchen :p

8. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't work with food, but I have to feed my SU! He always has fruit and yogurt for a snack, then his breakfast like beans on toast/bacon and egg whatever, then elevenses of coffee and biscuits, then lunch, tea and supper.

So I have to make sure I have brought food similar to what he will be eating, sometimes I buy him food that I've brought.
    The killer is every other friday as he has lunch out, and I do have jacket potato and beans but I'd much rather have omelette and chips lol

9. sugar_lipswales

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been told you eventually don't see it as food and I'm hoping it's true! Been really bad the last 3 days but today I WILL be better! Not perfect but better would be a start!
    The only upside is I'm running round like an idiot for 8 hours solid so hoefully I'll be burning off at least a fraction of the cals lol

10. Clara2141

Clara2141 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    My OH is a manager at Pizza Hut and I do the occasional shift there as a waitress...it's difficult to not want to eat the pizzas and starters but I just eat the syn free food on the salad bar on my breaks. I love pizza too :-(

11. sugar_lipswales

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been very good today, gone a little over syns but it could have been so much worse and tbh the leftovers are making me feel a little queasy. People are so disgusting too!

12. MattsMum

MattsMum Full Member

We run a pub/ restaurant and I just tell myself that it's not food, I know it sounds stupid but it's the same as when I worked in banking.... money was just paper.
    If I feel hungry I eat from the salad section but usually I just drink loads of diet pop or soda water with fresh fruit in.

13. LornaGrace

LornaGrace Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I found that when i used to work in a hotel as a waitress (before SW) i got sick of seeing food. it was all about sunday lunch, pies and deserts. i couldnt wait to have some fresh fruit salad after looking at all the stodgy fatty foods. and surprisingly i didnt put on any weight at all. it was when i left my job that i put all the weight on. x

14. sugar_lipswales

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm working so at least I'm not sat at home boredom eating lol! It sounds like I've just got to make it through the first few weeks, picnic basket of SW goodies it is then!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.