Working on Self Esteem

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by kazz, 21 January 2007 Social URL.

1. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hiya,

Over the last few days I have decided that I really need to work on my self esteem....unfortunately, I dont know how to do this

Can anyone recommend a good book or somthing that could help me? Ideally, I think I need some sort of counselling, but am not in a position for that at the moment....any advice greatly appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Good thread Kazz, i could use some advice in this department too, so will be wtching with interest
    xx:)

4. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Will get back to you kazz as I'm sure many others will. Off to look in my library as there are so many of them!!!...lol

one for you......"Feal the Fear and do it Anyway"!

Back soon...x

5. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Thanx Lacey!

6. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    P.S. The magazine "Psychologies" has some really interesting articles and interactive stuff on self-esteem. It's out once a month.:D

7. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I second 'Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway', it's such a fantastic book.

I also found Paul McKennas Instant Confidence book and CD pretty good as well.

I'll be watching this thread with interest to see any more recommendations though. :)

8. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save

Oh god that statement send shivers down my spine - I had a counsellor once who said something similar to that. Basically I was so negative about myself, I'd turn the biggest compliment round and make it an insult!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.