Working out and when to eat

Violetwind

Determined
I've decided I'm going to join my friend at a few evening gym classes but I've a problem. The classes are at 6.30 and I don't get home til 430 or 5. Soooo I was thinking what do people do about their tea in the evenings? The last time I will have eaten will be at 12;30 and it would be a soup or a small portion of leftovers. Any ideas? Thanks

I've decided I'm going to join my friend at a few evening gym classes but I've a problem. The classes are at 6.30 and I don't get home til 430 or 5. Soooo I was thinking what do people do about their tea in the evenings? The last time I will have eaten will be at 12;30 and it would be a soup or a small portion of leftovers. Any ideas? Thanks

Good question. I tend to eat when hungry and not so much the standard breakfast lunch dinner ideal because of my gym etc. I often have to miss lunch but my days are flexible yours might not be.

If you can have a bigger lunch then a yog/fruit before gym then eat after gym.

Prepare meals for gym nights in advance or do omelette/salad or something in case it's later.

I'm not into the school of thumb that says eating late makes you gain weight but I'm not an expert.

You need something before a workout but I couldn't eat a full cooked meal then work out.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

It depends on how hungry I am. I'll have my lunch around 1 and class starts at 6 so I usually go without until after I get back unless I'm super hungry. If I am I try to have some fruit or something small like yoghourt.

I don't see how eating late has effected my losses, I eat late some evenings just because of the situation. On gym nights I will probably eat about 8/8:30.

Thanks for your replies guys... I think an apple and yogurt is maybe the way to go. I'm restricted with times with work and my wee ones. I don't really want a huge meal after either as I don't really stay up too late.

Trying to get back on the wagon and making sure I've no room for an excuse at all lol

Thanks for your replies guys... I think an apple and yogurt is maybe the way to go. I'm restricted with times with work and my wee ones. I don't really want a huge meal after either as I don't really stay up too late.

Trying to get back on the wagon and making sure I've no room for an excuse at all lol

Make sure you try have a more substantial lunch then Hun x

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

Back