Working out meals

Kay C

Hi, if I work out a meal (by using my diet pal) and it comes to under 3 units of fat for the whole meal, is that ok even if 100gms of one of the foods is more than 3? I made baked beans on one slice of Hovis Seed Sensations bread, and whilst the meal came in at 2 units of fat, the bread had more than 3 units of fat per 100gms. Its been a long time since I last took Xen so its gonna take me a little while to get back in the swing of it, thanks x

You could try eating Hovis nimble - low in cal and low in fat, I had some seed bread last week and for the amount of 2 slices of that i could have had loads of the nimble. That said its all a learning curve and once we get into the zone, we'll do it with our eyes shut so to say.

funny you should mention that, I bought some Weight Watchers Malted Danish bread today, its 0.3 gm of fat per slice, so thats much better

Hi hun... you can have up to 5gs of fat per 100grams... so that meal was fine :)

oh, got confused, so if the total amount of fat in a meal is under 5, then does it matter if there is more than 5gm per 100gm? thats whats confusing me really, also how does snacking work? I dont seem to be eating any where near the allowed amount of fat per day, so if I was to have a low fat snack in the evening, for instance low fat crackers, is that ok?

oh, got confused, so if the total amount of fat in a meal is under 5, then does it matter if there is more than 5gm per 100gm? thats whats confusing me really, also how does snacking work? I dont seem to be eating any where near the allowed amount of fat per day, so if I was to have a low fat snack in the evening, for instance low fat crackers, is that ok?

The total fat in 100grams CANT go over 5gs!...that matters a lot!!

The total fat in the whole meal cant go over 15gs.

You're allowed 45gs of fat a day, most people spread that over their main meals.

If you want to have a snack, have whatever you like as long as it's not over 5gs per 100gs.

for example, the other day for breakfast i had bran flakes, a piece of toast and jam for breakfast. the whole breakfast came under 15gs and each thing i ate was under 5gs per 100g. i did the same thing for lunch and dinner.

around 9pm when i was watching tv i felt a bit peckish, i had a muller light yoghurt, a banana and a few grapes.

do you have a food diary on here?

i found it hard to get my head around the fat too Kay :confused:

if you go over the 15 g of fat in any one meal you will have the dreaded...........:eek:

i miss crisps very much - i used to have a packet most nights but i now have those snack a jacks or WW cheesy puffs.

i tend to eat quite a few muller lights if i'm having a bad day .:rolleyes:

keep at it hun - it will be so worth it when you see the pounds disappearing .

no not on here, but I am keeping a food diary

If you wanted to start a food diary here, i (and others) would be able to help you if you needed a bit of food advice..

some people on this forum arent sticking to the exact rules of Xenical, so please make sure that when you read threads and particular foods are mentioned you double check they fit with the 5g rule. :)

I hope you've got your head round it a bit better now, but i'll try to explain in more detail if you need it :)

i found it hard to get my head around the fat too Kay :confused:

if you go over the 15 g of fat in any one meal you will have the dreaded...........:eek:

i miss crisps very much - i used to have a packet most nights but i now have those snack a jacks or WW cheesy puffs.

i tend to eat quite a few muller lights if i'm having a bad day .:rolleyes:

keep at it hun - it will be so worth it when you see the pounds disappearing .

I dont know if you're following the 5g rule, but you do know those weight watchers cheese puffs are twice over the limit of the rules as are some of the snack a jacks :rolleyes:

i love rice cakes, but had to give them up, as they're suprisingly over the rules :(

still find the 5gm rule a bit confusing, cos if I am only eating, say 50gm of something, and the fat is 10gm per 100gm, then I cant understand why I cant have the 50gms of food (which equates to 5gm) as my meal would still be under 15gms for the whole thing

hi Kay, it's the percentage of fat you need to look at, so if the meal has 5g of fat in 50g, then that's 10% fat, however much of it you have and as the pill works by not absorbing fat, if you have too much, it will still store some of it or give you embarrassing side effects. I'm trying to stick to the 5% fat rule as much as possible and no side effects yet!

yes I am being very good too, and havent had any side effects either, I see what you mean, its really not worth trying to "cheat" the tabs, I remember only too well from my previous time on Xenical how nasty the tango effect was, no I will be reading those labels thoroughly this time

Back