Working out Syn Values

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by elsie75, 16 April 2014.

1. elsie75

elsie75 Member

hello could anyone help me ... i have just gone back to slimming world ... have all my old books but cant at the moment afford to go to meetings... so my lovley SW i phone app that was great for working out syns is now not working as i dont have membership.
    I have seen a chart online on someones blog about the 20 cal 1 syn rule ??? breaking down calorie brackets to syn values .. ie 5 cal to 14 cal =1/2 syn ... 25 cal - 34 cal = 1+1/2 syns .... does this work out ?
    I know it becomes complicated if the product contains a free food... but i want to be able to work out crisps, salad dressings, treats etc so i just need help with that really
    thank you
  2. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

Yep you can use 1 syn per 20 calories for anything that doesn't get a free food allowance, so anything on this list

Alcoholic drinks
    Biscuits, including cereal bars and savoury crackers
    Bread & crispbreads
    Breakfast cereals
    Cakes & bakery items, e.g. carrot cake
    Crisps & snacks
    Dressings & dips, e.g. salsa, salad dressing
    Fruit - canned, dried and stewed
    Pastry products (sweet & savoury), e.g. salmon en croute, apple pie
    Puddings & desserts
    Sandwich/deli fillers
    Sandwiches and wraps
    Sauces, e.g. jars of tomato-based pasta sauce
    Soft drinks, including yogurt drinks fruit/vegetable juice and fruit smoothies
    Soups, all varieties
    Sweets & chocolates
  3. elsie75

elsie75 Member

thank you very much for answering xx