1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Working out Syn Values

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by elsie75, 16 April 2014 Social URL.

1. elsie75

elsie75 Member

hello could anyone help me ... i have just gone back to slimming world ... have all my old books but cant at the moment afford to go to meetings... so my lovley SW i phone app that was great for working out syns is now not working as i dont have membership.
    I have seen a chart online on someones blog about the 20 cal 1 syn rule ??? breaking down calorie brackets to syn values .. ie 5 cal to 14 cal =1/2 syn ... 25 cal - 34 cal = 1+1/2 syns .... does this work out ?
    I know it becomes complicated if the product contains a free food... but i want to be able to work out crisps, salad dressings, treats etc so i just need help with that really
    thank you

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep you can use 1 syn per 20 calories for anything that doesn't get a free food allowance, so anything on this list

Alcoholic drinks
    Biscuits, including cereal bars and savoury crackers
    Bread & crispbreads
    Breakfast cereals
    Cakes & bakery items, e.g. carrot cake
    Crisps & snacks
    Dressings & dips, e.g. salsa, salad dressing
    Fruit - canned, dried and stewed
    Pastry products (sweet & savoury), e.g. salmon en croute, apple pie
    Pizza
    Puddings & desserts
    Sandwich/deli fillers
    Sandwiches and wraps
    Sauces, e.g. jars of tomato-based pasta sauce
    Soft drinks, including yogurt drinks fruit/vegetable juice and fruit smoothies
    Soups, all varieties
    Sweets & chocolates

4. elsie75

elsie75 Member

thank you very much for answering xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.