Worried about ketosis

i think the use of ketogenic diets in the treatment of epilepsy is fascinating (my 16 month old has seizures, although not often enough to warrant treatment at the moment) but I know it can be used evenwhere drugs fail...

As for the risks of Ketosis, well I risked my health every day by being morbidly obese, and as CD has just helped me drop 10% of my body weight in the last month I think that that the benefits for me at least outweigh the risks. I entered CD with an open mind and the blessing of my GP and if at any time I should feel unwell (feeling fab right now) I will be straight back to see her in a heartbeat.

just my two penn'th

Ketosis on Cambridge is benign mild dietary ketosis and is the same ketosis that is used in the atkins approach. The Cambridge is the most researched diet in the world and no current guidance or research shows it is dangerous in anyway, shape or form. The new NICE guidelines on Obesity state that VLCD is a tool for losing weight and in fact in some new NHS guidance it even mentions Cambridge as a direct company with a link to the website.

I finished the diet two years ago and am still a healthy chappie.

As far as I am concerned the diet is 150% safe and certainly compared to when I was 25 stone or more I am in a much better place!!

Back