Worried about starting

tryin again

So tonight is the night i've been waiting for, my first meeting! I have been so excited but am now just really worried. My husband has been suffering from depression (I think) for many years and has been on very low dose anti depressants for two months. Last night he said he's coming off them as he can't think straight, is confused about everything and generally unhappy. He doesn't know what the cause is and is even questioning our marriage. We have been together for 20 years since I was 15 and I thought we were both happy. Now I feel confused also and very very emotional. I just am so worried that the counciling will bring out alot of emotions on it's own and now with this on top I'm likely to be a blubbering wreck tonight!

Well done for starting Lighter life - its a big step so be proud of yourself. I know from being on the boards just for a few months that most people here have other family/health/work worries and challenges going on in their lives apart from the ones posed by LL. I am sure this will be the case at your meetings too. At my meetings a whole range of issues arose about peoples lives that they struggled with and were comfortable and willing to share. The groups are supportive and caring. I feel for you that this is all going on at the same time - but the groups could be a blessing for you as you may gain support from them.

Good luck and remember just be yourself.

Thankyou tictac, I suppose everyone is nervous at the start as we don't know what to expect or what the others will be like. I am feeling a bit anoyed also as I have been so excited and now the day is here and it is being over shadowed with all this other rubbish going on! I think I just have to forget everything else when i'm there tonight, this is a about me for a change and actually I think this is probably the first time that I have done something that is just for me!

...and that's the important bit. You are doing this for you and no one and nothing else will distract you. It's time you did something for yourself and this diet is truly awesome. Go and take part. It's a joy and when you get to know folk you may feel you can share some of the troubles you have at home.

Have fun tonight, this is the start of the new you!

Back