Worried about upcoming work dinners... Help! !

Hey everyone, I have two work dinners to attend ,and no way out of them, in the next two weeks. I'm planning on having a shake before going and then water/tea while everyone is eating but I wondered how some of you handled events like this. Any tips are greatly appreciated :)

I'm going for my mother in laws birthday dinner in 3 weeks . I was going to back out but hubby was not amused. Will I be okay having a small salad with chicken breast, I really don't want to knock myself out of ketosis , but I can't go to eat with them and me not have anything. They just wouldn't understand :-(

Dj04, I think that you should be ok with that. Just make sure that you exercise serious portion control or you could ingest too many green leafy bits and knock yourself out of ketosis. Also remember that whatever you consume you will need to burn off those calories. Good luck, hopefully the MIL will notice how much you've lost already and all the compliments will keep you on track. :)

Dj04 I know how you feel.... I really don't want to go out of ketosis but also I don't want 30 people looking at me and constantly asking why I'm not eating.

I know! I was in the pub on Saturday night and I must have had 10 bottles of sparkling water (which before this week I didn't like!). They assumed I was on antibiotics :)

Not drinking is easy and people will always make an assumption as to why you aren't drinking, it's the not eating I'm not looking forward to explaining. I'm gonna ask my chemist today for tips for how to cope when I go for my first WI!

I went on a works do recently (I left in December so wasn't going to miss out on a night seeing old friends) and I had a chicken and bacon salad with no dressing or dough balls (pizza express), I looked the menu up beforehand to work out what the "best" thing for me to eat and the website said without the dressing and dough balls it was just 300kcals. I must say it was delicious and huge!! I was a bit naughty and only had 1 shake in the day to compensate (so it still made 450kcals for the day) and I still lost 3.5lbs that week :) the 2 weeks previous I had lost 4lbs each week so I was pretty chuffed and would do it again!! I only drank water and said it was because I was driving so wasn't weird.

xx

Well I ended up sticking with the plan and I brought a flapjack with me. I really don't like them but it was the first one and because they aren't too nice it meant I ended up spacing it out over each course rather than wolfing it down in one. I'm going to do the same this week as I really want to try my best to stick with it! :)

Back