Worried about weight gain.

MaybeImAmazed

Ive been losing weight for my holiday next month whilst TTC and am very pleased that we seem to have got very lucky on our first try.

I'm 4 weeks and 2 days. I'm still following SW, and my appetite seems stupidly low, but my weight already seems to be creeping up. (I'm a serial weigher).

If I keep up my good work, will I still see losses? I'm 12.12 at the minute and hate the thought of putting stones on and finding them hard to shift after I have worked so hard even to get here.

Congratulations on your pregnancy :) I think if you continue with sw you should lose and if not then def maintain. As long as you eat reasonably healthy you will be fine. I stuck with sw n now cal counting and it's def worked for me, good luck! X

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I agree, I think sw is one of the best ways of eating while pregnant, especially for the first couple trimesters, good luck x

Thanks ladies.

I guess I need to remember it's the best thing I can do and will give the best results, whatever they may be.

Just feel like my metabolism is so rubbish that I don't lose no matter what I do.

Congratulations. I too have struggled with the idea of my body changing. I'm gradually coming round to the idea the more I've read about pregnancy. Although the scales are changing it doesnt mean an increase in fat, its due to an increase in the amount of blood in the body and water retention as well eventually the baby itself. It also doesnt have to mean an increase in weight forever, after having your baby you can then go onto losing weight once again.

SW is a good healthy plan to follow whilst pregnant. I had hoped to do it while pregnant but I've found it very hard due to my appetite changing and not wanting to cook much. Ive been doing my best to have unprocessed foods and eating plenty of fruit, veg and low fat dairy. I'm also still exercising, doing lower intensity than before. For me its gradually becoming less about me myself and more what will help the baby and my pregnancy. Being fit and eating healthy will do that regardless of what my weight is.

Back