Worried how it will affect me

louisejane

On Saturday me and my hubby are at a friends wedding do. Food won't bother me as I will have a ss+ meal before I go. However I would really like a drink as its rare hubby and I get out together. If I do drink will I go through the first few days of feeling rough again as ill be out of ketosis?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Don't do it! Unless you have something carb heavy do not drink! Carbs help your body to process the alcohol and if they aren't in your system you can be super drunk/ vomiting in no time! I'm sure there is a sticky thread somewhere that give you more about the dangers of drinking on vlcd!

And alcohol will definitely take you out if ketosis!
I've got 2 weddings to go to in next two weeks, decided that for me getting into ketosis was bad enough the first time never mind having to go through it twice more!

But that's me! If you really want a drink or two make sure you have something carby before, during and after!

Think ill stick to water then I do not want to experience those first few days again!!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I have drank on this diet and felt fine, but that's just me and I wouldn't want to encourage anyone else. I stuck to vodka and soda water and didn't really drink that much, enough just to be sociable. Didn't feel too drunk or ill or even have a hangover the next day. One of my planned cheats was a Charity Ball that I attended and I drank wine, but I had a 3 course meal to go with that. Do what you feel is right, but be wary.

Let's get something straight - alcohol doesn't knock you out of ketosis, at least, not in the way you might think, because it contains very few carbs. But your body will burn alcohol in preference to body fat, so fat burning will be switched off for the length of time that alcohol is in your body. It's dehydrating too. When you have no carbs on board, you get tipsy far more quickly and it's very easy to make yourself poorly. Alcohol also lowers your inhibitions and makes it more likely that you'll want to eat - the "what the hell" switch is far more easily flipped.

There will be hundreds of other occasions when you can drink. The special thing about this event is being able to spend time with your husband, isn't it - not that you can have a drink? It's not worth it.

Back