worried now

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Nessa, 25 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Nessa

Nessa Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    after reading that post about water being bad for you as it do something to the kidneys i'm worried.

also..

do coffee count as your water intake?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You should not really count tea and coffee as part of your water intake. The BMA recommend 8 large glasses of water per day as a minimum- so erring on the low side that would be 8 half pints or 2 litres. Cambridge recommend 2.5 litres per day in addiion to shakes, and Lighter Life 4 litres per day in addition to shakes/tea/coffee. The main reason for this is to replace water you are not getting from food- most foods are significantly made up of water, so remember your basic water intake is greatly reduced if you are sole sourcing. I have done both LL and Cambridge and had no problem with 5 litres of water per day, and I still do this even though I am now on Cambridge. If you are really worried, stick religously to your 2.5 litres (plus shakes/tea/coffee) by measuring it out. On the whole more water = better weight loss, better skin and better functioning kidneys, and cases such as the one today are pretty rare- it could be all of the water was taken in a short period. Sip all day long, don't glug all at once!

4. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Nessa

Please don't worry the article is aimed at over excessive water, if you are drinking anything between 2-6 litres per day you'll be fine....

coffee is a diuretic & will make your kidneys work harder if you drink too much of that!.... just continue with the amount of H20 you have been & you'll be ok, try not to worry yourself....xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.