worried now

You should not really count tea and coffee as part of your water intake. The BMA recommend 8 large glasses of water per day as a minimum- so erring on the low side that would be 8 half pints or 2 litres. Cambridge recommend 2.5 litres per day in addiion to shakes, and Lighter Life 4 litres per day in addition to shakes/tea/coffee. The main reason for this is to replace water you are not getting from food- most foods are significantly made up of water, so remember your basic water intake is greatly reduced if you are sole sourcing. I have done both LL and Cambridge and had no problem with 5 litres of water per day, and I still do this even though I am now on Cambridge. If you are really worried, stick religously to your 2.5 litres (plus shakes/tea/coffee) by measuring it out. On the whole more water = better weight loss, better skin and better functioning kidneys, and cases such as the one today are pretty rare- it could be all of the water was taken in a short period. Sip all day long, don't glug all at once!

Back