Worried

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all well my box is arriving today and so last night I was looking into ketosis and I read an article that really worried me! It said ketosis is dangerous and companies still claiming the benefits e.g no hunger are out of date and should not be selling VLCD. I'm now worried and confused!!

hi, Ive read these articles too. I think there are lots of pros and cons. Ive only been on exante for 2 weeks and I am on WS and not in ketosis, this isnt because im worried about ketosis just because i cant cope on just 600 cals a day. I think you have to do lots of reading and research so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not you want to get into ketosis. If you decide not to, dont worry lots of people are still losing weight, just not as quick!

lozoo said:
hi, Ive read these articles too. I think there are lots of pros and cons. Ive only been on exante for 2 weeks and I am on WS and not in ketosis, this isnt because im worried about ketosis just because i cant cope on just 600 cals a day. I think you have to do lots of reading and research so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not you want to get into ketosis. If you decide not to, dont worry lots of people are still losing weight, just not as quick!

Thanks, i was planning on doing TS but maybe I will do WS?? I don't know whether to keep reading or just go for it!!!! So annoying!!

A lot of people do a mixture of WS and TS, I was planning on trying a few days on TS last week but didnt in the end, I cant cope with being hungry lol! It works really well for some people though, Maybe you could try some days WS, some days TS and see how u get on?

lozoo said:
A lot of people do a mixture of WS and TS, I was planning on trying a few days on TS last week but didnt in the end, I cant cope with being hungry lol! It works really well for some people though, Maybe you could try some days WS, some days TS and see how u get on?

Thanks lozoo yeah I think I will. I just got my box and really wanna use it to the max! I have read so much conflicting stuff I think I'm just gonna see what happens myself

There are risks of course, but Exante products are designed (and legal) to try to minimise those.

These are the ones I've seen on t'internets of "publicised" risks

Getting into ketosis - we all know about the brain fog/hunger/tirednes/sickness that can occur. It's unavoidable. However, whilst on ketosis your body won't experience and sugar downfalls (which I think is one of the primary reasons you don't get as hungry) so its just a few days of feeling a bit **** while your body uses all of the remaining carbs.

Fat levels - some people on a ketogenic diet are consuming a lot of fat which has been highlighted in the reports about it. Obviously none of the people on here are consuming a lot of fat, so its not applicable in this situation.

Lack of vitamins - again, non applicable, ALL of the required nutrients are included in Exante stuff.

Ketoacidosis - only applicable in diabetics whose insulin control is abnormal.

I think somehow it may be a positive for some obese people whose insulin is being overproduced, as it slows all of that away down and means that hopefully after these VLCDs, maintenance is more achievable :)

At the end of the day, the UK is VERY strict on food legalities. If this was not safe it would not be sold in the UK.

Thanks I was thinking that if it was dangerous they couldn't sell it . I wish hadn't looked stuff up now!

I really wouldn't worry. It puts you into a mild state of ketosis and is perfectly healthy providing you have no overriding medical conditions. It's a lot healthier than being overweight.
People who have had a gastric band have no option but to massively reduce their calories and initially they are on a liquid diet. Gastric bands would be banned if it was overly dangerous :)

Thanks watergirl I'm feeling a little better about it now. Got my box today, gonna wait for my cold to go a but mire then go for it! C

Back