Worried...!

ellierose988

Silver Member
Hi guys,
I'm a bit worried as I've been on EE plan for four days and I thought it was going really well, until I discovered today that I've been having the wrong sort of bread as my HexB choice!
For the first three days I was having the weighed amount of Granary bread, stupidly thinking it was wholemeal, and then today I had two slices of the hovis wheatgerm.
All four days I've done this wrong and I'd been having between 10 and 14 syns per day :(

I was just wondering how bad it's been? Obviously I will sort it tomorrow and get some proper wholemeal bread but I'm just checking that it won't have hindered me too much? Bearing in mind I had a couple of syns to spare most days and didn't have any other type of bread... thanks

Officially you cannot tweak your HEX's but to be honest i wouldn't worry about it - can't see it affecting your weight loss then just carry on tomoz with the correct stuff.
Hope you get nice surprise at first weigh in! Have you joined a group or doing from home.

Yeah, I won't keep tweaking them, from now on I'll keep going with the right stuff, thanks for the reply! :D

I'm doing it from home as I work tricky hours and I don't really have the money for groups, but I bought the books from ebay and so far I'm really enjoying it. Thought I would join this forum as it might help me get some support and stuff. :D

Don't worry, the syns for the granary bread will be very similar to the HEB value of the wholemeal bread so it shouldn't make a difference to your losses. But know you know you should move to wholemeal so you get your proper fibre boost :)

Wheatgerm bread isn't wholemeal so officially not a HEX B

Found this on the internet: Hope it helps x

All bread is made with flour, which by definition is ground up grains. You can either grind up the whole grain (which has the healthy bits - the outer covering and the germ) to get wholemeal flour, or you can remove part, and get white flour. Once you've made wholemeal or white flour, you choose to add whole, unground grains. So you can have a bread containing whole grains in either a white flour base, or a wholemeal flour base.

The healthiest bread is wholemeal base. Because eating the whole grains, unground, takes longer to digest, so you feel full for longer. It's also better for your blood sugar levels because it's releasing its energy over a longer time.

Any reason why the bread is wholemeal, not wholegrain?? I'd rather eat wholegrain tbh but I was wondering if this does much for your HEX intake?

The point in HEXB is the fibre, so you need wholemeal bread to get this - the outer skin of the grain as slimbysummer says. When you start adding seeds and whole grains you are adding extra calories/fat by including the inside of the grain as well as its skin - its a bit like eating a slice of bread and then a couple of teaspoons of sesame seeds or whatever as well, which are high in calories/syns (eg sesame seeds are 7½ syns for 25g)

So as a HEXB you need the grains for their fibre on the outside but the 'extra stuff' on the inside doesnt contribute to this and just adds extra calories, so you syn seeded/wholegrain/malted bread etc.

Back