Worrying about meal out

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
I'm going out for a meal on Saturday night which was planned before Christmas. I've been on VLCD's before and been out and ate/drank no problems but this time I just don't want to go and risk spoiling my diet. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to seeing my friends, going to the restaurant, back to my mates house for a sleep over (I'm 45 for God's sake lol), but you know. 4 of us getting together for one of the girl's birthdays - girls I don't see all the time. But, I have been 100% for 13 days which is pretty good going for me and I am scared incase I jeapordise my weight loss. If I was 6 weeks in, I wouldnt feel so bad, but its only 2 weeks, the time I will lose the most weight.

We are going to a Turkish restaurant (my favourite :)) and I have chosen the most un-Turkish food I can think of lol, simply becasue I don't want to stuff my face with all the lovely breads, meats, sauces and rice. I am having Feta Salad for starters and Sea Bass and Salad for main and MAYBE a glass of wine and soda water. Do you think I will be ok with that?

Do you think it will jeaporsie my weight loss or might I get away with it?

Not having a lot Starlight, just a glass with more soda than wine in really. Just dont want to put on weight

Your meal choice sounds great - enjoy! :)

Thanks everyone, I know I'm worring for nothing, it's just I am REALLY into this and don't want to spoil it.

I know how you feel. We're going to a concert in February and we've got VIP tickets that include dinner. They sent us a menu and I panicking because of all the different potato dishes, pasta dishes and breads that they have on it. They do have steak on it, so I reckon I'll just plump for that with a bit of salad. Im just hoping they don't lace the salad with croutons.....

I know Lauriel, it's hard isn't it. I can cope with just eating what I have chosen, I won't have more once I have made my mind up, I am just scared stiff incase I put on so close to the beginning of my diet. I'm still going so I'm just gonna have to keep my fingers crossed I'm ok :D

I know, it really is very hard. What makes it even more difficult is people who haven't done this sort of diet before don't understand how hard it is saying no to things....I must admit, my OH is getting used to the idea now though :)

Alcohol, no matter how little, is dangerous to have whilst in ketosis. Please look it up and avoid it like the plague.

Back