Worrying about weigh-in tomorrow

To my first proper weigh-in tomorrow night and I'm worrying that I won't have lost any weight! I feel like I'm eating too much for it to possibly work and I've been popping on my scales through the week but doesn't look like any change :( I know I shouldn't weigh at home and I know I should trust the plan but feels like I've been on plan all week for no results! :(

Am enjoying the diet - just worried I'm somehow getting it wrong!

Helen x

If your sticking to plan you ll be fine its hard not to get on the scales are your scales and slimming world scales the same?

I know I shouldn't weigh at home and I know I should trust the plan but feels like I've been on plan all week for no results! :(

You've said it yourself. You've been on plan all week. You shouldn't weigh yourself at home. And that is pretty much that!

The only WI that counts is the one at class. Different scales will weigh you at different weights and your weight varies at different times of the day or week.

Wait and see what tomorrow brings. Bet you won't be disappointed.

Weigh in day today - just been naughty and got on scales again - everything looks the same still! I have been 100% on plan all week. Only thing I did was save a few syns for wine on Saturday night - could it be that extra easy doesn't suit me?

Really worrying about getting on scales tonight and being a fat failure. - I thought everyone has amazing losses in the first week! Think I may be the only person who will stay the same in their first week :(

You really need to stop getting on the scales. It causes disappointment if you can't see any change. As Jaq said the only important weight is what the SW scales say; different scales weigh differently.

Denise

Just wait and see what proper sw scales say, I'm sure it's not as bad as u think.
Got my fingers crosses for u :)

Definitely don't weigh in at home - I know it's tempting but really not worth wasting your time. Last week I weighed in at home every night at exactly the same time as I weigh in on Thursday's at group (wearing the same clothes) to see for myself how your weight can differ just on a daily basis! (Purely done to prove to myself that it's a waste of time weighing every evening!!)...at group I was 14st 6.5lb and throughout the week I went up and down every night (anything between 14st 6lb and 14st 1lb!!) one night I was 14st 6 and the next I was 14st 1, the following night back up to 14st 5.5!!

Moral of my story really is that weighing yourself at home in between groups is the bit you are doing wrong. I'm eating WAY more than I ate before (granted it's all healthier food :) ) but as long as you follow the plan and keep within the right syn boundary you'll be ok.

You're not a big failure at all...you have passed the biggest hurdle by joining SW to lose weight in the first place. Stick with the plan and it will fall in place for you. (And it is a complete myth that 'everyone' has big losses in the first week...many do, yes, but it takes some people's bodies longer to adjust to the new regime and you may notice your bigger loss in week 2!)

Let us know how you get on :)

ditto everyone else hun, I think everyone goes through the same angst definitely the first week and some people every weigh in forever,

no matter what the scales say you are in no way a failure, you have taken a hugely positive step to changing your life, it may take quite some time but you will get there.

Not everyone has huge losses in the first week, remember everyone is different and you can't compare yourself to anyone else.

Good luck and let us know how you did xx

Good luck hun! But everyone else is right, the only scales and weight that matters is the one at group!

And its probably one of the biggest myths that everyone has massive losses in the first week, I never had a big loss, just a steady 2lb loss every week or so! :)

I can promise you that the plan works if you stick to it and trust it.

Hoping for a good loss for you today!

Thanks for the advice everyone - must not weigh at home in future - lost 4.5lbs!! Very pleased! Xx

well done, my first week aswel and also did not think I lost any, however lost 3.5lbs.
I also need to stop weighing at home as if I don't see what I like then I always give in. Now only weighing on a Weds.

Good luck for next week.

Chelle xx

Back