Worse day ever! Need to change

unhappyfatty

Hi everyone.

Today I have had a terrible day :( Went to Alton Towers with my super skinny friend and had this worry that I would look stupid on the rides and not fit...Well first ride we go on I thought the bar was ok but the girl said ti needed to go down more so it took her and a man to push down the bar enough. Second ride my belly hung over the bar. Third ride it was so tight and i had to sit funny but on the lat ride i went on the bar wouldn't go down so I had to go on another seat for bigger people. All day I have felt so horrible about myself and embarrassed. I need to do something about my weight, it just can't carry on! I have 8 and 1/2 stone to loose.

I would love it if people would like to come along with me on this journey through thick and thin and hopefully to thin :)

Hopefully speak soon :) xxx

It will be this day that you look back on as your defining moment as to when you knew you had to change.

Good on you for sharing this with us all - it must have taken a lot of courage to do that. We have all been there in some way - I avoided cameras and mirrors for years, have missed out on days out, nights out, meeting new people etc etc and it sucks!

Have you joined a class or are you going it alone? There is loads on this site that will help you and lots of lovely people to help you on your way xxxx

Hello. Thank you for replying. Writing this took a lot of courage but the shame i felt today was a lot more! I've joined a class and I need to set up the website, heard it good :) How did you stay motivated? You've done so well :) xx

Honestly??? I first joined SW 14 years go! Then I stopped and went back in 2000 when I lost 3 stone - put it all back on, lost another 2 in 2004, put it all back on and a bit more, joined again in 2009 - lost 2 stone and put it on and a bit more - FINALLY joined again at the end of 2010 and lost 4 stone - and have ''fingers crossed'' kept the bulk of it off for 9 months . I want to lose more but am ok at the moment.

My final straw was going to see Take That last year with my oldest and super skinny friend ( yes, we all have them ) and knowing there was no way I could go at 17 stone 5!

I think this time I have cracked it - but also know that I will be a member of SW for life - I threw away all my fat clothes and I do the raffle at my local group and I come on here and thats what keeps me going really x

Oh I also failed to mention that I have also joined coutless times and given up after a couple of weeks - this time something just clicked x

Hello, I don't have much to offer but wanted to say well done for writing your post and for realising your not alone. It's a great forum and sw is a great way of life regardless of size.
Take each day at a time and you will get there x

Lets hope today is the kick up the bum you need. It's awful being so overweight.

i have lost almost 7.5 stone so far, got another 2 to go.

The support on here is great.

First of all HUGE HUGE (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))).......

Secondly....tomorrow IS the first day towards a new you! I'd be happy to come along on this journey with you! Well done for speaking out and getting this off of your chest!

I'm Bec, 30 and a yo-yo dieter! I have successfully done SW before and i love the plan when i actually follow it and don't pretend i am (thanks to secret eaters on c4 i have now admitted my wrong doings!). I have a whopping 5.5 stone at least to lose too! (that's just to get to a weight i remember being okay with 12 years ago!)

I have set up a food diary on here and a team if you want to post in there (SW Teams and Eaten Mess's little puddings!) I really need the 'friends' to have a journey with as i'm pretty new to where i live and don't know anyone and also doing sw alone at home!

Good Luck

Bec x

First of all HUGE HUGE (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))).......

Secondly....tomorrow IS the first day towards a new you! I'd be happy to come along on this journey with you! Well done for speaking out and getting this off of your chest!

I'm Bec, 30 and a yo-yo dieter! I have successfully done SW before and i love the plan when i actually follow it and don't pretend i am (thanks to secret eaters on c4 i have now admitted my wrong doings!). I have a whopping 5.5 stone at least to lose too! (that's just to get to a weight i remember being okay with 12 years ago!)

I have set up a food diary on here and a team if you want to post in there (SW Teams and Eaten Mess's little puddings!) I really need the 'friends' to have a journey with as i'm pretty new to where i live and don't know anyone and also doing sw alone at home!

Good Luck

Bec x

Good luck to you too bec - and by the way I LOVE your username lol xxx

unhappyfatty said:
Hi everyone.

Today I have had a terrible day :( Went to Alton Towers with my super skinny friend and had this worry that I would look stupid on the rides and not fit...Well first ride we go on I thought the bar was ok but the girl said ti needed to go down more so it took her and a man to push down the bar enough. Second ride my belly hung over the bar. Third ride it was so tight and i had to sit funny but on the lat ride i went on the bar wouldn't go down so I had to go on another seat for bigger people. All day I have felt so horrible about myself and embarrassed. I need to do something about my weight, it just can't carry on! I have 8 and 1/2 stone to loose.

I would love it if people would like to come along with me on this journey through thick and thin and hopefully to thin :)

Hopefully speak soon :) xxx

Well done for starting your journey. If I can suggest one thing tho-please change your user name to something more positive :(

When I was 19, I went to Alton towers and the first ride I got on they couldn't push the bar down. Worst day of my life. Never been to a theme park since :(

But I will :) I know I will. And so will you x

Welshtigger said:
Well done for starting your journey. If I can suggest one thing tho-please change your user name to something more positive :(

Absolutely agree. Having had such a terrible experience I can understand why you chose that username, but now is the time to be positive. What would you like your username to be?

I used to go to Alton Towers and hold peoples coats and bags while they went on things so that I didn't have to go on anything and put myself through that - so you are a braver person than me!!!

Welcome in, I am sure that today will be the last time you ever feel the way you did. You have taken such a positive step to do something about your situation, and you should be applauded for that. We will be with you every step of the way - not like stalkers or anything, but to support and get you through the tough times. You can do this!!! :)

And yeah, change your username - just pop a request down in the technical support section at the bottom of the forum once you have come up with something that will not bring you down when you look at it - and the admins I am sure will be happy to alter it for you!

I just want to say well done for being open and honest about how bad you felt. Use that as the spur you need whenever you feel tempted to cheat. You will be a weight you are happy with, just believe in yourself.
Why do we all have the super skinny friends? At school virtually all my friends were super skinny so I felt much bigger than I actually was.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Big {{HUGS}} You have made the first step and you will get there. Your braver than me as I won't even get on a ride at alton towers or at fairs, the only things I go on are Walzers and Rapids as you don't have a set bar on them! My little boy begged me to go on a ride with him at the fair we had here 2 weeks ago, I didn't as still not confident enough, but have promised him that we will in the summer when the next fair is on. Just think if you go back this time next year you could be over half way to your goal! x

I started SW at a very similar weight to you for very similar reasons! I had squished myself onto some rides at Southend and pretended I didn't want to go on the rest because clearly I wasn't going to fit and the mortification was immense. I feel your pain! As one of the other posters said, I look back at that time (April 2010) as my turning point, I didn't want my kids to grow up with a mum who couldn't do anything fun with them and as soon as I got home I joined SW and haven't looked back. Last year I had an all day wristband at several theme parks / funfairs and was on and off the rides, having fun with the children exactly as I should have been.

So. you've taken the first step, now stick to the plan and come back this time next year telling us how you had an amazing day out at Alton Towers! Lots of luck xx

Well done you for being brave and sharing your story.
You are not alone by any means.
You will get loads of support at class and on here as well as loads of top slimming tips.
I am relatively new to this forum too but it has been invaluable with everyones generosity.
You will do it
Keep up the good work
:)

I'm so sorry that you had such a horrible day, but it's going to lead to something so positive for you - you'll likely end up looking back on it and being GLAD that it happened and that you felt so horrid, because it's brilliant motivation for you to get healthy (I say this as someone who BROKE A RIDE at Blackpool because me and my boyfriend at the time were both so heavy that it couldn't go with both of us on it at the same time and we got stuck. We got halfway up and were then shouted at by the guys who had to fix it. I've never been so mortified in my entire life).

Gawd Wenchie, what a nightmare! That's the ultimate in humiliation isn't it. Good on you for turning it all around - look at you now! x

Thank you for sharing your story, its very brave of you

I'm so sorry you had such a horrible day, but congratulations on turning it around, joining slimming world is going to be such a positive for you and you could (a lot of people would) have drown their sorrows in food after a day like that, so well done for not going down that route and for deciding to change your life.

Just think, now you've taken those first stops to loose weight you will hopefully never experience a day like that again. Good luck in your journey

Well done,the first step is the hardest and with all the support you get on here the next steps will be easier.xx

Back