Would just like to say hello

I my name is Karen I'm 28 and have two gorgeous Lil boys one 8 the other 8 months. I'm getting married in July and as I'm 16 stone and only 5'1 I'm on a very strict diet I have read that low carb diet is the best way to go for quick results. (as I have bought a size 12 wedding dress and I'm determined to fit in to it lol). I was just wondering if there was any help or advice you could share to get me started as I'm a complete novice and could do with all the help I can get.

I've cut out potatoes breads pasta red meat out my diet for the past 3 weeks but don't know where to go from here?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and take this amazing journey to thinness with you x

Karen

Hi Karen, I have just started Neris and Indias Idiot Proof Diet ( have previously done every diet on the planet), and am really impressed with the book. I have lost 6lbs in week 1. Its funny, informative, and very motivational. Other than that, I have found that this site is very inspirational,
Hope all goes well

Thank you both I've not really got a diet plan as such as I'm short of pennies after Christmas but I will be buying one on pay day I will try that idiot proof diet sounds like a diet I would like x

Hi and welcome. Feel free to come over to the atkins part of the board - we welcome all low carbers and there is more activity and support there
Good luck!

Hi Karen,

Best of luck with your weight-loss journey. And congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals. :love047:

There's plenty of great advice here on nutrition on this forum that should be of help to you in putting an eating plan together.

An idea might be to find alternatives to the high-carb foods that you used to eat and stock up (as much as you can) on the foods that you've decided to have instead. If you focus on all of the things that you can eat, instead of what you can't, you will be less likely to feel deprived.

Back