Would like some advice for Red Days

juneduggan

Hi All,

Since I started Slimming World on 21/02 and so far having lost 19lbs in 12 weeks I think i would love to try red day to see if that will help give me a good weight loss however i am trying to come up with a decent menu that will keep me satisfied.

I want to do a red day tomorrow but i am working. I wake up at 0545 hrs leave for work at 0615 hrs to start work at 0700hrs. I work until 1500 hrs, i have a 30 min lunch (usually about 1000/1100 hrs for my lunch - i dont get to choose when i have it due to where i work) so any suggestions what i could take for breakfast and lunch??

I have bacon that i could cook tonight and have a lunch, i could take boiled egg or take egg with me and make scrambled egg - any other suggestions?

Just want to do it right and would really appreciate your wealth of experience and advice

thanks in advance
xxx

Could you make a soup & have it with a sandwich using one of your hex's?

Maybe egg/bacon/tomato sandwich & some fruit & yogurt.

Make up an egg & bacon salad.

Fruit & yogurt for brekkie when you arrive at work then the sandwich at 11am...

Cook up the bacon and some onion, mushrooms, leeks (or whatever you have). Chop it all into little pieces and mix together. Spread this out into cupcake tins and then pour whisked up egg over the top. Bake in the oven for about 20 mins until the egg is set through. Ta dah! Mini egg muffins. Perfect for brekkie or with salad for lunch.

Breakfast is usually quite hard for me as I work early, Usually what I do is a have 2x alpen lights (Healthy B), and a piece of fruit. Easy and quick, and requires no effort!

Lunch, I tend to have a salad as I don't really like having bread in the middle of the day (makes me bloated and tired!), so some chicken and bacon cut up, usual salad stuff, hard boiled egg.

I always do red days, 2 days a week I'm at home but the days I'm in the office I have egg on toast and lm free sausage for brekkie, I take a big salad for lunch and light cheese triangles on ryvita and then cook dinner when I get home. I leave the house at 7am when in the office so feel your pain! Hard boiled eggs and mayo are always a life saver

I too do red days at work!! I have toast with either egg/mushroom or banana for brekkie. I take a big salad for lunch with ham or chicken and sometimes cottage cheese too (then I dont need mayo!). Have just eaten mine and after reading this I now want a boiled egg!!! Then a few bits of fruit and a couple of yoghurts. I've realised that I need to always have plenty of fruit available (years of ww pointing was hard to get past at first) and theres no need to feel hungry. But its all about being prepared

jen3 is right all about being prepared, I look at what food I have and plan what day I am going to do the following day each night, Alpen Lights are a godsend or the Aldi Harvest Morn really handy for breakfast when you're rushing to work early etc so two of those with a couple pieces of fruit for breakfast, I had some thick cut ham, 2 boiled eggs and salad for lunch and 2 small slices of wholemeal bread with laughing cow triangles and tonight SW quiche - you could also make that up the night before a red day and take that for lunch as I think it tastes even better cold and is also really filling - I have a chicken breast, mushrooms, onions, peppers and ham in mine yummmm

Thank you all so much for the advice!! boiled eggs seem to be the way forward so office you better prepare yourself lol (if you know what i mean)
xx

Back