would this work???

Tracie Green

Silver Member
i was gonna make chicken kiev tonight, im on an EE day and was wondering, instead of using breadcrumbs that i would have to syn, would cous cous work??? any tips anyone???:confused:

Hi Tracie,
I've never done this myself but I know people have tried this before - check out the KFC Chicken thread under the recipe forum, a few people on there have tried it as a chicken coating.

Hmmm, this will open up the whole "food abuse" topic, I can sense it now.
Personally I wouldn't as you can use a lot of cous cous doing this and it's not being used in it's proper form (ie with water added) so wouldn't be satisfying.
Up to you though - I know people do this.

I have made chicken goujons using cous cous, and you make it up as per packet instructions i.e. add the water to it otherwise it would be teeth cracking crunchy IMO.!!!

well i made them last night with cous cous but only just read about soaking the cous cous 1st!! lol, yes very c rnchy but was lovely!! fooled hubby anyway!! lol!! x

A non slimming world friend mentioned using Smash in meatballs, giving a gluten free option. Would this be syn free and could it be used to coat chicken etc? Ive not used it before so don't know its texture.

Back