Would WW accept me??

Is there another class. Maybe an evening one when hubs can watch little un? x

Lea, I am sure you would be accepted by WW. Target weight is a range and to some extent subjective. Why not go along and get all the up-to-date literature and information. If you find it difficult to attend at a later stage you can always do it at home.
I am with you on the maintenance issue. I have reached gold twice but never maintained afterwards. This time I am concentrating on that phase above all.
Best of luck whatever you decide.You have done so well up til now

I used to go to slimming world - started when my little one, who's now nearly six was six weeks old. I went in the morning and i loved the people as they were mostly older and really good fun - loved seeing the same people each week and they loved seeing the baby too.

once i stopped breastfeeding i couldn't cope on the syns, got bored and stopped. really ought to have moved to weight watchers then. could kick myself.

No, I don't think there is an evening session. I wish there was :(

Thank you lippy. Goodluck yourself!

Saree, after a baby it is so tough. I never lost the baby weight after my son and when I had my daughter it just got worse. I decided enough was enough. I have always been around the weight I am now so I hope I can stay here now. I have to be careful though as I too could easily go off the rails!

You can do it this time. We are all behind you!

I plan on going to a meeting when the time comes, you can then get all the support & info you'll need to lose those last few pounds & keep the weight off. Once you have gold membership you can go to meetings for free as long as you are close to your goal weight, if you gain you have to pay :)

ooops, must dash, just seen the time & I should be somewhere else....

Hi Lea, you have the same reasoning as me.

They let you set your own goal weight but it has to be 7lbs less than your start weight - so the heavy clothes thing would work to add a couple of pounds.

I think you pay till you reach your goal weight and then maintain within 5lbs of that for about 4 weeks to become a gold member - after that, each week is free as long as you stay within the 5lbs limit. (interestingly, she only talked to me about going 5lbs OVER my goal weight, not under it...)

I wanted to do this too as its maintenance that's always been my problem - so I am hoping it happens soon.

I have still not decided if I want to go but I think I might. The meeting is 10am on Thursday. Do people take kids? I am wondering if I will be able to take Cora with me....or if I should leave her at home? How long do the sessions last? I really hope I can go now....

its usually around an hour.. 1/2 hour for everyone to be weighed and 1/2 hour for the meeting, though on the first week your leader will keep you behind for a little bit to go through your paperwork and explain how points works etc :)

The class I go to has a couple of people who take kids. The only ones people object to are the ones who run around and make a racket lol We had someone the other week in class whos wee girl ran from one side of the hall to the other and back again and again and again...... thankfully she took the hint with the evil stares she was getting and left.

First half hour is for weighing, so if your class is 1030, the actual class will start at 1100 so aim to get there for 1055 ;)

one of the girls who goes to my class takes her wee girl who is about 10 I think.

I reckon a baby would be fine so long as she is occupied.

Have fun if you go. x

Thanks Saree. I have still not decided whether to go yet or not :/

The problem is getting away from work. If i ever had to miss it I would still have to pay the fee wouldn't I?

once you've hit goal you dont have to pay as long as you stay within a certain range.so you could maintain for free

Free maintaining sounds cool!

What about kids? Do you suggest I leave her at home? That will be the difficult bit...

i have taken my two with me in the school hols and its been no problem, there are a couple of ladies at our meeting who have little ones in pushcahirs and it doesnt seem to be a problem. I guess that might vary from meeting to meeting,depending how many members have kids. Guess it would be less of a problem at daytime meetings anyway as thats probably when most young mums can go

Hi Lea
I went to my first official WW meeting to-day at 12.30. It was very nice and friendly and there were several women with small children.
The bad news is that I am entitled to 18 points only. While I have been doing it independently I have taken 20 points so it's little wonder my losses have slowed down. Well I will just have to get on with it. I still think the biggest challenge will come with maintenance - so far I never got the hang of that. You are more or less at that stage now! Best of luck

Back