Wow am i fat again

I'd like to be 9stone8lbs, its 8stone lighter than I am, well i was 17stone8 and now after two days 17stone2 so 6lbs in two days, even with the extra packs :) I'm 35 in April so hope to be 14stone and then by August at goal. I havent been that slim since I was 18 but would love to be that again. It felt good to wear what ever I wanted and look the way I would like, you are very limited with clothes as you get bigger and I find i can't express my individuality the way that i really want to. i find that with the clothes I wear now, i find I look older but thats how it goes.

I've done the same with my packs, I'm on w8 so have 4 a day, but had 5 today anyway to get me into it. I may well do the same tomorrow also - anything is better than adding food! :)
Anyway day 1 done, well done those who completed today and good luck everyone for tomorrow.

@AOGG -- That makes sense. You may find as you get slimmer you will adjust your goal weight. I know that if I weighed now what I weighed at 18, it wouldn't be pretty.

When I lost five stone in 2008 (half of which I regained and am now relosing) -- I thought I wanted to weigh 126 lbs (9 stone). And that was 6 pounds more than my age 18 "fat weight". However, as I got closer to goal, I started going from looking much better, healthier and younger to looking a bit haggard. I think very thin does not looks so good as you get older. However, I am in my late 40s -- and at 35 maybe I could have been a 1/2 stone lighter and looked good.

I think it is fab that you are off to such a good start. I hear you on the clothes choices... I had a tough time finding a dress for the Christmas do because I did not want to wear something that my mother-in-law would wear (she's 84).

@Nicki9 -- I do not know much about W8, but I think it is great that you are doing so well.

We're off to a good start!

MinnieMel

I managed to get a nice dress to go out in, it wasnt the one I would like to wear but i did feel confident, got chatted up by a security guy who thought i was 25, lol :) it was dark :) I may adjust but I would like to be a size 10, and last time i was that I was 9 and a half stone but i see how it goes :)

Hi Bel,

The good thing is that you can adjust your goal when get closer -- and then figure out where it is you can maintain and be content. I do not want to have to struggle or starve to keep a steady weight, but I also do not want to feel fat or uncomfortable. I think mid to low 130s will be doable for me if I keep exercising... otherwise, I'll gain it back. I am not a big person (just under 5'4" and small to med framed). I only need about 1400 calories a day to maintain my weight at 135... unless I exercise.

MinnieMel

I'm back in the chaingang again from today too. I put on 5.7lbs from messing about since Dec 17th. I'm the same weight now as I was on December 14th so that's about 3 weeks of wasted work!

I'm back on SS 100% from today. I was thinking of drinking on the girly night out on Friday night but I'm not going to. I know this will annoy my friends but they do have to admit I'm as much fun sober as drunk. :)

Like many of you I'm now feeling HUGE and a outfit I wore comfortably on Dec 21st now feels snug! What's worse about the gain is that most of what I ate was so so so salty that I feel like I have a water baby going on! :O)

Well all we can do ladies is get back on the chain gain. I'm going to work out so help me if it kills me I'm going to do some form of exercise at least 5 days a week. I cried off exercise saying that it stalled weight or whatever and you know what? Even if it slows down the weight on the scale it'll make me feel more motivated to be firmer and stronger and less floppy.

So I'm with you all in spirit and ignoring any urges I may have by gulping warm/hot water by the literful and thinking THIN.

well on day five and today I have lost the 10lbs I'd put on so i am well pleased, Im on 3 packs now and in ketosis I think as the hunger has subsided! now back to the hard part, losing some more substantial weight!

You and Me both!

well on day five and today I have lost the 10lbs I'd put on so i am well pleased, Im on 3 packs now and in ketosis I think as the hunger has subsided! now back to the hard part, losing some more substantial weight!

Day 5 -- awesome! I am on day 6 -- but only weighed for the first time yesterday... so now I will be counting the losses with you.

MinnieMel

Okay, I'll subscribe to your log, but lurk not post! ;)

Lurkers welcome!

OMG!!!

Lurkers welcome!

I just visited your log and it was hard not to post an OMG -- what incredible losses. Jealous much, yes me!!!

MM

Slowed down now, initial loses is just water and glycegen, but just shows that even allowing yourself extra packs during the first three days to ease you into liquid food doesn't really make too much difference, altho now down to the 3 packs a day and I will allow myself a 4th if I need it but will try not to, I have about 3/4 cups of tea with semi skimmed milk just so I feel at least human, that too shouldn't make too much difference :)

I expect to lose a 1lb every other day now, about 3.5lb a week which is about right considering i am doing little exercise, kids back at school tomorrow so tend to curl up on couch and sleep during the morning :) I don't work which i know makes it easier to follow such a diet :)

Lost 3.1lbs of the 5.7lbs I put on. I'm on Day 2 now...wasnt too bad last night as I just had so much water and 3 packs. Back to 3 packs and water for me until further notice.

I gained a net of 1.5lbs this week but that doesn't include the fact I had lost more but then gained it all back. This yoyo sucks.

I have another 1.9 BMI points to get to a normal weight---so why do I feel like an elephant?

Well done everyone
Impressive losses AOGG. I don't seem to manage it. The first time I did a VLCD I only lost 7lbs the first week, the second time I did a VLCD I lost 12lbs the first week and my first week on CD I lost 9lbs, so I suppose even my body is different depending on all the different factors.

So I had a 4 day blip. Restarted and did two full days then day 3 evening I gave in (well it was New Years Eve) and then since then I did SS all day and gave in in the evenings.

But, back to my normal routine, hubby back at work and restart proper again today showing 7lb heavier than I did at my last WI so got to try and shift it by saturday. Eek

Ack......12.1 before crimbo then went to 12.6 just after. I lost 3lb overnight on my restar on 28th but!!!! Omg....... Had a new year blow out with champagne and guess what I weighed this am? 12.11 ...... Ugh!
I know it's water bit shiiiiiiiiiit!
So started back proper today and did a spin class tonight and thirty mins cross training...... Hoping to lose all 11lbs this week......jeez **shakes head and walks away**

You're still 2 stone down!

Ack......12.1 before crimbo then went to 12.6 just after. I lost 3lb overnight on my restar on 28th but!!!! Omg....... Had a new year blow out with champagne and guess what I weighed this am? 12.11 ...... Ugh!
I know it's water bit shiiiiiiiiiit!
So started back proper today and did a spin class tonight and thirty mins cross training...... Hoping to lose all 11lbs this week......jeez **shakes head and walks away**

Hey Rumbly...

You are still two stone down from your starting weight, so don't beat yourself up. You are already back at it -- and as you have lost it before -- you will again!

MM

Back