Wow chips!! And question!

Daisy_Duke13

Just made the sw chips- so so delicious! I have gone over my syns a little today and wondering if the fact that I've done quite a bit of exercise kinda balances it out?
The guilt of going over them is enough to deter me from doing it again!
Anyone know if exercise can help me?
Thanking you! Xxx

Exercise doesnt earn you any extra syns unfortunately, but it will certainly do no harm! I find i lose inches rather than weight with exercise.

I wouldnt feel guilty about a few syns extra once in a blue moon. Just draw a line, forget about it and move on.

Exercise will help of course it will!!

We will all have days when we go over our syns. Some people reduce their syns the next day. Say they ate 20syns then the next day they'd have 10. Which is an average of 15 each day.
But I wouldn't worry as exercise burns calories.

SW is basically the same as any other diet. Eat less calories than you burn.

Also remember 1 syn is only 20cals. So even going over by 10 syns is 200 calories. You can burn that on the cross trainer or bike in 30mins.

ninnins said:
Exercise doesnt earn you any extra syns unfortunately, but it will certainly do no harm! I find i lose inches rather than weight with exercise.

I wouldnt feel guilty about a few syns extra once in a blue moon. Just draw a line, forget about it and move on.

Have to agree with this. Though SW does encourage us all to exercise you are best not trying to balance out your syns with exercise as it is not part of the plan in the same way as it is with weight watchers. The way it has been explained to me is that doing exercise for the sake of health is always going to work better than to balance out overeating. Otherwise, you can end up with the situation where you begin to think you can overeat and exercise it off. For some this works but not so with others and it is not the mindset which helps you to tailor your eating to your appetite which SW tries to help us achieve. With just a few syns over as a one off it should not derail your efforts and is part of life. Just start afresh as soon as you've had them.

Can I also add, I do a lot of exercise, a lot of running and basketball. I get really hungry and always eat extra food to compensate. But I try and eat foods that are free like fruit, veg etc! When I did weight watchers I did eat what I burnt in exercise and still lost but everyone is different.
I actually have better losses when I eat more. If I exercise and eat less I normall always get a sts.

So we shouldn't eat more syns and think exercise will eliminate the extra syns, but if you feel the extra hunger that exercise causes there are plenty of foods that won't effect your weight that will fill you up.

I think exercise is the biggest part of weight loss, I've exercised my way past over 40lbs. Plus my skin isn't saggy. My friend lost similar without exercise and has saggy skin.

So good on you with the exercise.
Don't worry about the extra syns. Start a fresh tomorrow :)

Thanks guys! I definitely wont be doing it again....ive been really disappointed with myself not like normal though. Im not thinking "well i may as well eat everything now and start again tomorrow" which is what ill normally do! Ill just like you say, draw a line under it, try and have only 5 or 6 syns a day this week to balance it out and hope for the best come weigh in day. I shall not be going over again though, that is a promise!
Thanks for your help this evening and well done on the losses....40lb is AMAZING as is 18!xxx

Back