Wow I actually find this easier than calorie counting!

clare77

Hi..

Just thought i'd share my thoughts today with you all...especially the new starters!
I'm on day 4 and i can honestly say i'm quite enjoying it!

Day 1 was ok
Day 2 was a bit hard
Day 3 was good
And today i feel really positive!

If i stay feeling this way for the next few weeks I can see this diet being a success!
I think the main tip that I can share with others is you've got to drink 2 litres of water a day.. yesterday I only drank just over a litre and had a banging headache!

I'm gonna attempt the gym tonight just hope the shakes and water give me enough energy to last!

Looking forward to weigh in on saturday I just hope it pays off!

Would be nice to hear off others at the same stage on the diet :)

x

Hi Clare

Im on day 11 now. I found the first week really easy but really struggled with days 8 - 10!!!! Luckily today I got up feeling fantastic and completely back to normal!!

Ive just bought a new game for the wii called Newu Fitness First Personal Trainer! Its really really good. you can set yourself goals and it helps you plan menus (not that ill be needing this part any time soon) and best of all it was reduced to £10 in Asda!

Yep i agree with you, plenty of water is the key to keeping those headaches at bay and just helps not to feel like crap. I'm on day 10 and finding the second week alot better than the first.
I was constantly tempted in the week and had to keep myself constantly busy. This week it's alot easier and feels just the norm now.
Good luck on your first weigh in. Sure you'll have a great loss. Noticed the scales going down yet?
xxx

Hey Tracie :)

Yea i've got lots of stuff planned to keep me busy in the next few weeks.. its difficult because all my social life revolved around was food or drinking!
I know i shouldn't be weighing myself before weigh in but i just coudn't help it last night lol.. i've lost 7lb so far :D so pleased! am just scared of coming off it eventually incase it goes back on just as easy but i'l cross the 'refeeding' bridge when i get to it..

Are you just on the shakes? which ones you find tastiest?
xxx

good luckxx

Hi iam on exactly the same stage as you . Day 6 . feel amazing and have lost a stone xxxx Keep in touch maybe we could help each other . I need to sort out my profile too its a minefield x. good luck xx:eek:

Hey Hun :) ooh glad to see someone else going strong! Yea definately stay in touch.. i'm sure there will be times when i need some motivation. Oh my profile isn't upto much either.. still finding my way round the site. And a stone in 6 days!!! wow thats brill :D well done! xxx

Hi and welcome Clare. My weigh in day is also Saturday so I will look forward to looking out for your first week weigh in result on Saturday.

Stay strong, keep glugging on the water and the weight will fall off, good luck!

Hey Bev,
I soooooo hope i've lost a decent amount of weight as ive stuck to it 100%, ive been weighing myself every day and i know i shouldn't but i'm the same today as what i was y.day :(
I'm going to aqua arobics now see how i hold up during that lol
xxx

The dreaded daily weigh in! I weighed everyday last year on LT but this time I've broken the habit. It is so much better to be weighed once a week and that way I'm not disappointed. Some days you stay the same, others you might lose, but you know that weighing once a week the scales will be moving downwards!

If you've been 100% you should have a great first week's loss. Look forward to reading about it!

I hear what you are saying about finding this easier than the calorie counting, although I am now doing exactly that having reached goal. I think the general rule is that a stone a month is the average loss and the biggest loss doesn't always happen in the first week - it didn't with me.

I found my LT journey to be fairly straight forward once I'd gotten over the uncomfortable first stage and then it was great not actually having to think about food at all. As I neared goal I was both nervous and excited about eating again - but the complete break from food gave me the ideal opportunity to start eating in a whole new way.

I am loving it right now. I enjoy food shopping even though it seems to take forever as I'm reading everything and I am enjoying cooking again too now. Last week I did have a major craving whilst in the supermarket for something, anything that was unhealthy and was zoning in on a cream cake or a giant cookie. Was so proud of myself when instead I tucked into a grannie smith apple instead!

So to all the newbies, welcome aboard the LT train and enjoy your losses however big or small and start finding the new healthy you.

Lisa x

Lisa,
Very well done, you're an inspiration to me as I have a similar amount to lose as you and have set myself 8-10 weeks to crack it. Are you now maintaining?

I'm just so petrified of 'the day after' as I lost 40lb last year on LT but then went back to 'normal' eating and put it all on plus 20%. So its so important to have a plan in place for after LT.

At the mo. at at day 3 and feel more alive then yesterday when I thought i'd die. Thankfully, I was travelling so had no access to tempting food and pulled through.

Clare, if you do go to the gym, take a litre bottle of water with and keep sipping it, as you have no 'spare' water and you could dehydrate easily.

I love LTR because i dont have to go food shoping and wonder what to have for dinner/lunch. Haven't been in tescos,aldi,lidl over a month now. what a saving of time!!

Back