Wow I got through the first week!

Just got back from my first weigh in, and I'm happy to find out I have lost 8lbs this week! :eek: I was really worried that I wouldn't lose anything as most of the week I have been curled up on the sofa feeling sick or feeling sorry for myself lol. Starting to think about incorporating exercise to maximise weight loss, although I'm still feeling quite weak and light headed. When has everyone started exercising? And what kind have you been doing? I'm worried about fainting if I over do it.

Also I keep reading about people feeling fab and suddenly having loads of energy and I'm still waiting to magicly wake up full of beans! Is it different for everyone?

Hope everyone is doing well! xxx

Well done! :) Same as my first week.

I still haven't done any proper exercise yet and I've just had my seventh weigh-in this morning. :/ ...but I do have a 16 month old little girl to chase after, so that counts for something. :D I do intend to get around to doing some, but I hate it so much.

Some days I feel quite energetic and feel like doing housework and cooking for my husband, other days I feel a bit weak and just want to relax. I'm sure you'll get over feeling light-headed all the time pretty soon though. :)

Well done! Keep going! I reckon you should do exercise when you feel a bit stronger and are more used to it but others may have more experience than me. Well done. :D

I never got the energy everyone was talking about

Well done for your first weigh in :D

I did pilates a couple of times during my first week and a couple of gentle walks for about half hour 2 times in the week. Second week I stepped it up and did a two hour walk one day, then a couple of gym sessions. Third week in and I did 3 or four hour long walks, and this is my fourth week. My job requires me to be on my feet walking for most of 8 hours in a day, so If I've had an exceptionally busy day then I just rest when I get home. Your body tells you when to slow or stop. I mainly exercise to relieve the bordom of dieting.

Hi SammyFranks

I was so inspired when I read about your first weigh in that I was hoping I would be as successful as you have been. I had my first weigh in today and lost 8lbs. I am over the moon. I was thinking of starting some gentle exercise during the second week but have felt particularly uninterested in physical exertion today. Tomorrow is another day. We all can do it.

JustJ

Well done on your first week. I lost 8lb my first week when I first did this diet 4yrs ago and I went on to lose 3.5st!!

Re exercise, those who remember me from all that time ago will know how much exercise I did and will still do. I find that the more I do the more energy I have. I mix it up so it's not boring and I do the types of exercise I love like Salsa dancing every week. It's a social event with friends and it's fantastic exercise and a great calorie burner whilst simultaneously toning up your legs, arms & core muscles. I also like swimming which again is fantastic for all over toning, especially those bingo wings!!! I go cycling and also hill walking so I've got a good mix. I am a member of a gym so I will also be heading back there soon too.

So you may have guessed, I'm a bit of an exercise junky but I do love it and it really helps with the weight loss and also toning up and it's something you can continue to do when you hit goal to help you stay in shape and the weight off.

Good luck for week 2.

Back