500 Calories Wow im so so so confused lol !!!

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Got the book 5:2 and i thought you just eat under 2000 cals on feast day and 500 on two fast days a week but now keep hearing and reading all different things rules etc and not really seen anyone losing much and sustaining it x im feeling bit deflated already as was hoping after failing SW many times over a few years that this would work better for my busy lifestyle but not sure its going to work now especially as im on beta blockers which make you gain weight eeek! :( anyone have anything to lift my disappointment lol x

There are lots of different 5:2 books and part of this forum is actually juddd or alternate day fasting hence why you will see a lot of different rules . Essentially weight loss after an initial big losses ( depending what diet / eating plan you have come from) is the same as most diets but frankly would you rather lose weight dieting all the time or half or less.

I have done most diets but mostly sw and ww and can always lose weight but the minute I decide to have a day or week of eating a few more treats I gain and feel constantly in a battle to lose the same half stone .

With judd I get to eat treats half the time so I feel confident once I am at goal I will be able to sustain it

I agree there are so many different ones I recommend buying one book & sticking to that, I have the fast diet by dr Michael moseley

Have u tried the diet or just read the book? Some ppl lose on 2 days 500/2000 some ppl add an extra day 500/2000 or drop one to maintain
My stats say I should be on 340/1700 to lose , everyone has to find out what works for them, and gives them a calorie deficit, good luck

There are lots of different 5:2 books and part of this forum is actually juddd or alternate day fasting hence why you will see a lot of different rules . Essentially weight loss after an initial big losses ( depending what diet / eating plan you have come from) is the same as most diets but frankly would you rather lose weight dieting all the time or half or less.

I have done most diets but mostly sw and ww and can always lose weight but the minute I decide to have a day or week of eating a few more treats I gain and feel constantly in a battle to lose the same half stone .

With judd I get to eat treats half the time so I feel confident once I am at goal I will be able to sustain it

Thanks for replying, yes had the same prob with both sw and ww x i also found i was bored staring at the same food items in the fridge etc each week and it costing a fortune where as i had great fun going shopping and buying things that were low calories but would have been really high points/syns so couldn't have them before so i am looking forward to finding a half and half of low cal ready snacks/meals for when in a rush and cooking from scratch with weighing it all when at home etc x

I agree there are so many different ones I recommend buying one book & sticking to that, I have the fast diet by dr Michael moseley

I have a womans book but just ordered the micheal miseley one to see if that helps me understand it better :) :) thanks for replying x

Have u tried the diet or just read the book? Some ppl lose on 2 days 500/2000 some ppl add an extra day 500/2000 or drop one to maintain
My stats say I should be on 340/1700 to lose , everyone has to find out what works for them, and gives them a calorie deficit, good luck

Lol just read the book but have started using the my-fitness app last few days to try it out and get used to calorie counting as so trained in the sw or we way I need time to get used to weighing etc x starting properly by eating 1500 tomorrow as have worked out meals etc and feel bit more confident after reading your replies plus the micheal moseley book might help me bit more too when it arrives x thanks for your reply x :)

Thanks everyone for yourcreplies :) feeling much more confident yo do this and starting my first fast day today :) planning on lots of tea, vedge and maybe some soup lol x

Back