wow man sells his life

amethyst

Banned
SYDNEY (AFP) - A lovelorn Yorkshireman who put his life in Australia up for sale on the Internet was one step closer to starting over Monday as bids for his house, job and lifestyle hit one million pounds (2.2 million Australian dollars).

Ian Usher, 44-year-old from Yorkshire in England, launched the unusual auction after announcing on his blog: "I have had enough of my life! I don't want it any more! You can have it if you like!"
Usher, who has lived in the western city of Perth for the past six years, said he decided to sell after breaking up with his wife because everything in the house was a "reminder of the wonderful past we shared."
The former rug salesman said the auction surpassed his hoped-for price of 500,000 dollars (242,000 pounds) on the first-day of the week-long auction on Sunday.
When Usher went to bed on Sunday night, his life was worth 650,000 dollars (315,000 pounds), according to bids on the Internet auction site eBay. By early Monday, it was valued at a staggering 2.2 million dollars.
"I turned the computer on (Monday morning) and it was 1.9 million and I burst out laughing," Usher told AFP.
While it was possible that some of the bidders were "idiots trying to make a name for themselves," Usher said he was confident there were genuine offers in the mix.
Even so, Usher said the value of the physical assets for sale -- including his three-bedroom Perth home, 19-year-old Mazda 929 sedan, a 1986 motorbike and a jetski -- was just 450,000 to 500,000 dollars.
Usher has also promised that the winner will be introduced to his friends and lifestyle and will secure his former job as a rug store assistant for two weeks initially. This may be extended depending on the store owners' agreement.
All Usher will retain is his passport, wallet and the clothes on his back if the deal goes ahead.
Bidders may want to buy the life package to resell items separately, profiting from their value as collectible items, he said.
"I had emails from people asking 'Can I buy a pair of socks or something small from your house, I can't afford the whole thing'," he said.
"Someone could buy the whole house and sell it off."
Usher, who plans to travel, donate to charity and climb the Eiffel Tower in Paris once the sale is finalised, said he won't make any definite plans for his new life until this one is over.
"It still has an air of unreality about it," he said of the auction.
A life for sale

need nerves to do that

Yeah I read about this some time ago...Looking forward to see what happens. Sad situation, but if you have no kids or ties...why not go and travel a bit. I would if my house and things reminded me of the one who left. Good luck to him. Personally, who needs to buy someone else's baggage...normally you have enough of your own. hahaha

Back