Wow - Noticed something SIGNIFICANT today....

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
I have just come in, from the rain :)() :tear_drop: :tear_drop: :tear_drop: after 4 hours of really hard, really phsyical yard work. :eek: Sawing loads of branches of a tree - pruning another, sawiing and breaking by hand all the trimmings into burnable sizes, pruning all the shrubs, and in that 4 hours, I only stopped twice for a fag break.

I was not once puffed out, or sweaty, or unstable - I felt strong, and carried on and got done in 4 hours what a year ago would have taken me two days!!! In 20 minute incriments!!:party0049:

I was bending and reaching, and climbing up on our wall without struggling - its just so fantastic, I can't believe it!! I am sore now in my arms from using the most unweilding extension pruner and working over head with it and a saw - but the aches are so worth it!!! I did it on my own, and did not need hubbys help. Can't believe it. Yippy skippy!!! :party0049:

I am soooooooo chuffed to notice such a strong difference in stamina, and strength al ready! :D And, I gave the old bingo wings a good ol workout!! Yessss!

Even if it throws my back out again its worth it to know how far I have come!!!:D

YAY ME!!! :king: I'm so happy I could kiss a frog! For the last 2 or 3 years, I have been so limited by the pain and wekness in my knees - I needed help with everything which reallllly got me down. This is just the best!

<doing the snoopy dance> :D

Well done BL - all your hard work is clearly paying off.:D

And just think of all the calories you burned off as well:eek:

Fantastic;)

Thanks Lemma - I am just so amazed. Honestly - a year ago - no WAY could I have done this. Its brill. I am both shocked and pleased, and realise if its this good now, think what I will be like when I get to goal!

Sorry for gushing - its just been a real cross to bear not being able to do things any more, and now I can.

lol - but I just reached for my water, and my arms screamed at me!! :D

x

That fantastic BL and just think how many calories you will have burned off doing all that hard work without realising it!! Bet you have a good loss this week after that! It's great being able to do stuff without getting tired now. I used to get knackered and covered in sweat just changing the bed covers! Love being able to do it now without breaking a sweat

What a brilliant thing to realise! Well done you :D It's fabulous to feel the difference in yourself isn't it ---- I've noticed it in me though I'm not sure I'm up to you standard of stamina.

It's great to feel the benefit as well as to see it :)

Thanks guys! In some ways, feeling it is a better high then seeing it. Nice to feel I can get on with things again.

We have been in the progress of re-doing our hosue - not just a lick of paint, but new floors, new walls, new wiring, new bathroom, new kitchen, etc., for years - its gone so slow because we reached a point with my knees where I just could not help anymore. SO it has been a huge burden on my OH. he does his best to accept it but I know deep down at times he felt put out - so its a HUGE boon to realise, I am getting back to where I once was. It's been a real pshycological downer, so this is fantastic news for me! Happy days!
Thanks all!!

Now muts scoot over to the other threads and see how Katie did on her CBT!

XX

Don't you just love DIY ---- in fact I really do LOL --- especially stripping paint and sanding, they're my faves! We've lived here for 20 years and have during the last few years worked our way through, making extra rooms, adding dividing walls, stripped each room down right back to nothing but bare walls, took all the skirting and architraving etc off. We have just finished the kitchen - well all bar a lick of paint on one wall and the blind going up ............ told hubby it's time to hit the bathroom and funnily enough he's ignored me, can't understand why :D

Oh yeah - we've been there - down to the bricks and down to the earth. Not my cup of tea if I am honest!! Can't wait till its done. There were some real cowboys who attended to this house before my OH bought it - pre-marraige. Its been the bane of my existance. Don't like one thing about it and can't wait to be shot of it!

Didn;t help we had a flood that demolished our kitchen and my art studio, along with some of my paintings. From that point, I think I lost interest.

So - DIY - you can HAVE it. :D

I know what you mean about discovering things about yourself along the way. In Nov although I helped with the horses it was a chore, I was always puffing and moaning, used to come in so sweaty etc. Now its a breeze (except when the weather is like this).:D

Keep it up BL keeping active is a great thing.;)

Back