Wow - Slimming World Just emailed me!

I emailed to say about there recipes being aimed more towards extra easy rather than red & green days.

Bear in mind this was sent back in March, but they have just responded!! Here it is:

Firstly I would just like to apologise for the very late reply, we do endeavor to reply to every email and letter we receive, however due to the amount we’re currently receiving on a daily basis, we haven’t been able to reply as quickly as we’d like.

It’s fantastic to hear that you buy our magazine each month and I’m very sorry that you have been disappointed with our recipe section.

We do strive to feature recipes from our Extra Easy, Original and Green plans in each magazine. We here at Slimming World are very excited about the Extra Easy plan, we have had such fantastic feedback from members and readers and this has been reflected in the volume of recipes featured.

We do always print a ‘Recipe Index’ towards the back of the magazine, this provides all the Syn values for each recipe for all our plans.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write to us and hope this helps.

With very best wishes

So there you go :)

I bet you could have predicted that reply though!
I remember discussing something similar months back and I think we decided this between us too.

Must agree though, this month's mag has mostly EE but I guess it is THE plan these days. However, I did notice that it says to substitute quorn in some of the recipes to make it free on green.

As someone who mainly does Green, I too get a little disappointed in the 'push' of Extra Easy. Like Jaylou has mentioned, there has often been lots of recipes where I've reckoned the meat could be replaced with quorn or even more veg to make it a Green day friendly meal.

I think its even harder doing Original with all the EE recipies - i think the free little recipe book the other month was TOTALLY EE - with no RED or GREEN values....so its a sort of guessing game sometimes!!!

Oh Well - I love RED x

I mostly use all recipes as guidelines...lol
I am a Vegetarian, so always substitute everything for Quorn. But i often like the sound of the meaty dishes, so make up my own Quorn and SW version of the meal. Normally works out ok, with the occasional disaster! lol.

But do agree would be nice to have more RED/GREEN only recipes.

I have a lot of recipes from old magazines, before EE was invented, so a lot of them are good.

(im SAD, i cut out all the recipes from the pile of magazines i had, and are now in plastic wallets in a ring binder :) )

(im SAD, i cut out all the recipes from the pile of magazines i had, and are now in plastic wallets in a ring binder :) )

Not sad, I have the very same :D I tend to get into a routine of having the same meals so this is good to look through and helps remember some old favourites!

For those who love red and green though, luckily SW do still sell the red and green cookbooks.

They did apologise and, lets face it, it wasn't asking a question, merely making a comment about the magazine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *honey

haha i do exactly the same i love my slimming world folder

Me four!! I have a SW and a non-SW folder of recipes ripped out of magazines - my OH rolls his eyes when I get out the scissors and pritt stick for an editing session :)

i think we are all just organised - i find it easier to get those photo albums that you can put the film over the top of the pages and the pages are also removable etc!!!!

x

Back