Wow the exante diet is the same as cambridge only....

SophieLily

Cheaper. Well you have slighty more calories 610 a day if you are on there ss.
Its alot cheaper!
I know you dont get a councillor with the exante diet, but if you can do it yourself its great. Like me this week i have started cambridge on my own without seeing anyone & week1 is the worst week!!

Hmmmmm

Anybody else got any info about exante.

On there website they are selling stuff monthly for half the price. £100 for a months worth of stuff..

Just thinking of the purse strings ladies because when we lose all this weight we'll all be going clothes shopping! lol

I see yesterday that in Holland and Barrett they have a meal replacement Shake it's in a huge jar!!! It's £24.99 think they had 3 flavours. It had a few more calories. Think it was 193cal. So when I get nearer to goal I'm going to buy it and keep it in the cupboard for emergencies! Incase I put on a few pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i couldn't afford 100 in one go.
in boots they do tony ferguson or something and i was short of a shake so i brought one to keep me going and it was horriable.

Hi :)

I tried exante for a little while and I personally found their products horrible :(

But everyone's different.. i s'pose if you bought £100 worth your kinda stuck with it if you dont like it.. I found with cambridge i could swop products that i didnt like for something i did :)

Debs x

Cheaper. Well you have slighty more calories 610 a day if you are on there ss.
Its alot cheaper!
I know you dont get a councillor with the exante diet, but if you can do it yourself its great. Like me this week i have started cambridge on my own without seeing anyone & week1 is the worst week!!

Hmmmmm

Anybody else got any info about exante.

On there website they are selling stuff monthly for half the price. £100 for a months worth of stuff..

Just thinking of the purse strings ladies because when we lose all this weight we'll all be going clothes shopping! lol

Theres LOADS of people making the move from CD/LL/LT to Exante there are a number of threads about how people are finding it and how it compares. On the whole people seem to find the products fine, some prefer them from the start and others find they get used to them (usually the money theyre saving helps lol)

Feel free to pop over and ask any questions that havent already been answered

I was really tempted when I saw the prices - but to do it at that price, you have to buy the combination packs that they want you to have...so there's less choice. Also - I can't eat dried fruit and hate chocolate orange so their bars are really not an option for me and I have to have a bar a day or SSing would become impossible for me - I have done 10 weeks without bars - but it's muuuuch more bearable with them - it's bad enough that all of CD's blimmin bars are coated in chocolate (way to wean people off a chocolate addiction, boffins) - I really miss LL's peanut crunch because it was plain and basic (yes it looked and tasted a bit like cardboard, but I LIKED IT, damnit) and had no chocolate.

Also I love my Consultant, she's ace. And going to see her to get weighed has been one of the main things that's kept me going in the tough weeks, I can tell you. I feel much more attached to her than I ever was to my LLC who cost a lot more to see!

Yes i suppose its if your strong enough to go it alone... Plus id have to taste the products first.

I might look into it tho.
Thanks ladies x

I quite like having to go to my CDC every week to get weighed and pick up my stuff. It's just a personal thing, of course

That's the other thing. If I was dieting on my own with no counsillor, if I wanted to break the diet for whatever reason, I would think it doesnt matter as its only me weighing myself, whereas with a CDC, its the accountability.

I didn't like most of the Exante stuff - I have done LL as well as Exante, and now Cambridge. Cambridge is my favourite as it's more flexible. Exante, I couldn't really stick to as I had absolutely no one to answer to and would do well for a few days and then think "oh, I'll just have....and start again". I've lost really well on LL and Cambridge though.

The price means buying the variety pack - I couldn't bear the smell or taste of half the shakes. Bars were lovely in my opinion, but seemed very 'light' and not filling like a Cambridge or LL one. The products also gave me awful tummy problems, which I definitely haven't had on the other two programmes.

You should try it though, as tastes definitely vary and although I consider myself to have massive amounts of willpower and I couldn't stick to Exante, but did the others, you, of course, could be totally different.

Pros and cons to all of it I think, but Cambridge definitely comes out tops for me for lots of reasons. :)

I changed to exante on Wednesday mainly because they're £60 a month cheaper I am a bit worried that because the shakes have more calories in them I won't have as good losses as I have had on Cambridge! I think as far as will power is concerned if your goin to cheat you will still do it if you have a Cdc if you really want to lose the weight whether you weigh yourself or someone else does it I don't see a difference all questions ive eer had I've asked on here! Thank god for minimins :) the shakes are not as sweet as Cambridge shakes but you can use a sweetener if ya want them sweet! I find the bars are more filling than Cambridge id go for it and save your self some cash if you don't like it you can alway sell your shakes on eBay x

Not sure if that's true though Deb - I've managed 20+ weeks on LL without eating or drinking one single morsel that wasn't on plan. I've done 9 weeks on Cambridge and stuck to it. On Exante I don't think I made a full week once. It's not because I was psychologically much different, just that I know that I have to get weighed in and answer to myself, as much as my counsellor. I've nowhere to hide and can't go into denial like I can when I'm doing it myself.

One other thing - you can lie on Exante and say that you are fit to do it, no one knows otherwise. I like the idea that someone is looking out for your welfare. I'm not saying that it's right of course, but I do think on a VLCD you should have to have a counsellor to buy products from for safety's sake.

I have the reassurance that my CDC is at the end of a text message whenever I need her - I had a struggle in about week four where I was so hungry that I was in physical pain and felt sick and dizzy - she gave me advice that got me through that in one piece. If I'd felt like that on Exante, I'd have given into the craving my body was screaming at me to eat toast - then I know that I'd not have got back on it for sure.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't try it and it would be exactly the same for you or anyone else, but just be aware before you move from Cambridge, especially if you are on a roll and losing well.

I think I'm well placed to comment, as I've been very successful on LL and now Cambridge and from my experience, cost is most definitely not everything to consider.

Ive been doing Exante since last year and I do agree with what your saying about the 'cheating' element but at the end of the day you're only cheating yourself. I weigh in once a week at my mums and believe me that keeps me on the straight and narrow as much as any councellor ;)

There are more and more people moving to exante because the price is so appealing and pretty much all of them stay with it and don't go back. I find the support on here just as good as I would with a councellor and people aren't afraid to kick butt when needed :)

Ultimately it's horses for courses some people don't need the discipline of going to a councellor and are happy to do it themselves. It's like SW and WW some people need the classes while others can manage just as successfully at home.

I've done both exante and cd, i do find the exante products more filling, would never say they are nasty (except for the chocolate shake smell:rolleyes:) but i like the variety of cd and i'm willing to pay the extra for my cdc.

I also think cd has a better refeed programme and if that helps me keep this damn weight off forever i'll never begrudge the extra £60 a month cd costs me :)

LOL!! Chocolate shake by Exante stinks!! I can't bear it!

Exante seriously lacks any type of refeed programme too which really is an important part of VLCD. When you think that Cambridge has 6 steps to get you back to normal eating, what does Exante offer? I think they really need to do something about that. There are quite strict rules to adhere to with Cambridge such as upping the plans when your BMI reaches 25, but with Exante, no one seems to stress this and there are people on this site who are still doing TS even though their bmi is below 25. This is where I am pleased I have have my CDC to advise me...it's worth every penny.

Exante seriously lacks any type of refeed programme too which really is an important part of VLCD. When you think that Cambridge has 6 steps to get you back to normal eating, what does Exante offer? I think they really need to do something about that. There are quite strict rules to adhere to with Cambridge such as upping the plans when your BMI reaches 25, but with Exante, no one seems to stress this and there are people on this site who are still doing TS even though their bmi is below 25. This is where I am pleased I have have my CDC to advise me...it's worth every penny.

Agreed that a refeed programme is essential, but Cambridge is good in this respect, as I was in abstinence until my goal weight, which equalled a BMI of 22 when on LighterLife. Possibly would have avoided some side effects if I'd started eating a little sooner at BMI of 25.

Back