Wow, this is a little scary! :)

Moggy's_Delight

Hello all, i'm Megan.

You may be please to know that i chose this site out of all of googles 'weight loss support' suggestions ;)

I'll explain a little about myself and my history with food and weight and why i feel the need for online support:

I'm 20 years old now and currently in the clinicaly obese section of the BMI chart.

I have a realy hard time talking about food face-to-face with people or with people i know because i dont want my size to even cross their minds (i know it does anyway but i'm very good at being in denial XD), and if i simply have to go out to a resturaunt for a meal, i do this realy weird thing where i only order foods that i can eat with a spoon because i dont want to look 'too interested' in what i eat and about food.

As a kid, i was the type who could eat anything and everything and not put an ounce on (oh, those were the days!).

At aged 16 i was put on psychiatric medication which had very common side effects of weight gain and was known to increase appetite and oh, it did.

I was put on to different medication after about a year and it kept changing right up untill June 2010 when i came off everything completely.I dont know if all of those other pills contributed to my weight gain but i'd already got into the habbit of eating too much and majorly binging 20 minutes after my meds and i just became plain greedy.

I have tried dieting before, quite a few times.But i am a very 'black and white' person, it's one extreme or the other alot of the time so i tend to go by my own diet.I restrict too much, can't bare the hunger any longer then over-compensate by eating everything in the whole house! Lol.
Then i get angry with myself, tell myself i will never change, i will always be fat so i go on an eating spree for about 3-4 weeks (sometimes longer) untill i decide to 'diet' again.

Age 17 i was aprox 9 1/2 stone and now, at almost 21 years of age, i am exactly 14 and i realy realy cant stand myself to be honest. Quite a large weight gain in a not-so-long period of time and i find it hard recognising myself - if you know what i mean.

I think i am wanting/needing(?) support as i feel i need to get a better sense of what healthy eating is and i realy think that other's success stories are a big motivation and will benefit me and i feel it would be good to relate to others (and for them to relate to me of course!).
Also, i need someone to drum into my head that if i fall at the first hurdle, i've just got to get back up and start again. I know that now but i cant always see it.

Well, i hope this isn't too much info, i just like to explain myself alot :)

This is my time to make positive steps for good :)

Thankyou x

p.s..The only personal info i am willing to let out at the moment is my name and age because i would just die if someone i know finds out my weight :eek:

Hi Megan

Good luck with your journey. You are taking a very positive step by joining this site. The people here are very supportive and can offer lots of advice. The challenges are also a good way to stay focused.
I have a similar attitude to diets, I either give 110% or fall off the wagon 110%, but since using this site, I have stayed on the diet and so far still very focused. :)

Moggy's_Delight said:
Hello all, i'm Megan.

You may be please to know that i chose this site out of all of googles 'weight loss support' suggestions ;)

I'll explain a little about myself and my history with food and weight and why i feel the need for online support:

I'm 20 years old now and currently in the clinicaly obese section of the BMI chart.

I have a realy hard time talking about food face-to-face with people or with people i know because i dont want my size to even cross their minds (i know it does anyway but i'm very good at being in denial XD), and if i simply have to go out to a resturaunt for a meal, i do this realy weird thing where i only order foods that i can eat with a spoon because i dont want to look 'too interested' in what i eat and about food.

As a kid, i was the type who could eat anything and everything and not put an ounce on (oh, those were the days!).

At aged 16 i was put on psychiatric medication which had very common side effects of weight gain and was known to increase appetite and oh, it did.

I was put on to different medication after about a year and it kept changing right up untill June 2010 when i came off everything completely.I dont know if all of those other pills contributed to my weight gain but i'd already got into the habbit of eating too much and majorly binging 20 minutes after my meds and i just became plain greedy.

I have tried dieting before, quite a few times.But i am a very 'black and white' person, it's one extreme or the other alot of the time so i tend to go by my own diet.I restrict too much, can't bare the hunger any longer then over-compensate by eating everything in the whole house! Lol.
Then i get angry with myself, tell myself i will never change, i will always be fat so i go on an eating spree for about 3-4 weeks (sometimes longer) untill i decide to 'diet' again.

Age 17 i was aprox 9 1/2 stone and now, at almost 21 years of age, i am exactly 14 and i realy realy cant stand myself to be honest. Quite a large weight gain in a not-so-long period of time and i find it hard recognising myself - if you know what i mean.

I think i am wanting/needing(?) support as i feel i need to get a better sense of what healthy eating is and i realy think that other's success stories are a big motivation and will benefit me and i feel it would be good to relate to others (and for them to relate to me of course!).
Also, i need someone to drum into my head that if i fall at the first hurdle, i've just got to get back up and start again. I know that now but i cant always see it.

Well, i hope this isn't too much info, i just like to explain myself alot :)

This is my time to make positive steps for good :)

Thankyou x

p.s..The only personal info i am willing to let out at the moment is my name and age because i would just die if someone i know finds out my weight :eek:

Hey Good luck. Stay focused you can do it. We all are here with the same problem and help each other. Keep it up stay focused and you will achieve what you want

Hi and welcome :)

My advice would be to have a read of some of the Weight Watchers and Slimming World 'menu threads' to get some ideas of healthy eating :)

Good luck with your weight loss xx :)

Hey Megan and Welcome to this site, I'm sure you're going to love it here as everyone is so supportive and helpful :D

Good luck on your weight loss journey - I'm sure you can do it.

I'm 20 years old too (21 in about 3 months:eek:) and am doing Slimming World. I started off at 13.6 and am now down to 12.3 so it can be done you just have to keep focused. I agree with MaisieMoodle check out the Slimming world recipe section as you'll get some good ideas what to cook for healthy meals :D Good Luck

Sum Xx

Thanks all!
I have been looking around this site some more and im sure i'm realy going to benefit from the great support :D

I'd like to support others too.

Thanks for the tips! x

Welcome to the forum Moggy, you will find loads of support here. People have lots of different stories to tell and can usually advise.

If you are worried about being hungry I would suggest slimming world as you can eat loads of free food especially the first couple of weeks while you get in the "zone".

Good Luck
Jean

Back