Wrinkly's Diary.

Wrinkly

Recovering chocoholic.
Well, here we go again.... Slimming World... with hope. I have been following Barry Groves plan but it suggests eating rather a lot of fat - only not in chocolate..
_wink__by_crula.gif

Last edited:
Well, I've joined a team today & it seems lovely. Support & help for each other. Tomorrow is SW weighing in day, I hope I don't let them down.

Thanks Weemo, Wow, you are certainly very successful. Only ½lb off today but believe me I am grateful for that! I can only think I have too big an appetite. :break_diet:

wrinkly, u wont let any one down , the team are there for the good and the bad days , so good luck and believe in yourself , never give up , your worth it xxx

I'm just here to have a good whinge! Last week I took my Crucifix & chain which I never usually take off, to a local jeweler to have the chain mended. Today when I called for it, I'm not sure about the chain but the Crucifix is certainly not mine! Mine was old, plain & 9ct gold. The one today was modern with a pattern and rolled gold!! I have left it with the jeweler who says he will 'inquire' & telephone me... My late husband bought them for me.

It's your diary hunny so whinge away!! I hope you get sorted ~ it is worse because it has sentimental value ~ my dad died 2 years ago and I would hate anything to happen any of the items I have of his. Hope you are feeling in better form xx

Well, I crossed over to Atkins from SW. I was sorry to leave the kind folks there but I was getting no where fast. I knew in my heart the low carb way was the way I wanted to go but Barry Groves wasn't quite strict enough. I hope it works for me, I must lose some weight for the sake of my hip joints. The arthritis may lead eventually to at least one op' I know but losing weight should put off the evil day - & give me a decent nights sleep plus a little more day time energy..

Years ago I read 'Pure white & deadly' by Prof' Yudkin & knew he was right. Lately I read 'The Diet Delusion' so can't help wondering why we are being misled like this? Is the sugar & general carbs lobby so powerful that they can still win hands down in the midst of an obesity explosion?
Well that is my rant over for today.

PS.
Thank you so much for your kind words Weemo.

Well here it is, June 13th and things are improving. I have only lost 3lb since June 1st but i feel much better. The terrible depression with that awful feeling of dread on awakening, has gone. Today I am almost euphoric, I'm sure I'm well into Ketosis for all the weight is slow to go. I do no planned exercise because of my hips so can't expect miracles. I'll update this from time to time as a record of my - hopefully - success..

Last edited:
Thanks Laura & PennyJane, It's nice to appreciate once more how beautiful the world is.

Good luck & good dieting to you.:)

So how's it going love?

I had a hip op 2 years ago, it's fantastic, I walk everywhere now. :D

Hi Jim, I am in ketosis, I am losing so badly I bought those little sticks to reassure myself.. Can you advise me, I wondered if I should try zero carbs for a day or two? I was 2st lighter a couple of years ago via WW but I have no intention of going back to low fat eating. When I'm lighter the pain goes.

I'd stick to strict induction myself love. I tended not to mess about with Atkins, just used the KISS principle.

I think you should see your Dr about a hip op as well. I farted around for years and years putting up with the pain, don't know why I bothered in the end. I had the op on Saturday, was walking with sticks on The Sunday, discharged on Monday and was back at work within 14 days. Best thing I ever did.

PMSL, nice one mate. :D

Good. :)

Yesterday I really messed up :break_diet: My excuse to myself was, I couldn't get on line, I was bored & the darned things were there haunting me! The only way I can beat my addiction to sugar & chocolate is to leave them on the supermarket shelves.

Today so far I've had,

Coffee with cream .4
cucumber 1.6
Lettuce 3.5
Olives 0.0
Tongue .4
Sour cream & 1.0
chive dip
Total so far. 6.9
http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.php?do=details&item_id=11205

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT]

Last edited:
:) Thanks Laura, I'm back on the straight & narrow.
Total carbs so far 16.8. Still less than the dreaded 20..

Back