Wrinkly's Diary.

Ha, I did - picked up the wrong pack!! :wave_cry:

Ah, senior moment then. ;)

Wednesday.

Ah, better today.

Carbs 15.7, Kcls 1263.

Carbs 5%, Protein 26%, Fat 69%.

Thanks Laura.
Lol, I wish! I'm too lazy & the old brain box doesn't work as it used to. I am also a member of
http://forum.lowcarber.org/
they have a thing called My Plan where I can record my food intake & it works it all out for me. It would be lovely if there was one here.

Morning! :bliss:

The sun is shining and I'm happy. :)

Rather dull here Jim, 10c but I'm happy too. :)

Thanks Hooya.

Last edited:
I should have kept my mouth shut, it's the same here now. LOl

Grey n murky up here in Lincs :( Back to work today though so not too fussed as i hate to miss the sunshine whilst i sit in my windowless room in work..

Hope you're ok today Wrinkly, have a good day love x

Thursday.

Carbs 12, Kcls 920.

Carbs 5%, Protein 27%, Fats 68%.

So far so good but -

I'm going out so may add to this later.

Last edited:
Morning :wavey:

Good morning Jim, hope it's nice where you are. Sunshine & cloud here 15c so Ok I suppose.

I can't remember where we were discussing leg cramps but I been on the BBC site & it says:- [FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Y[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You're likely to suffer from cramps if you have low levels of magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium, or a raised level of lactic acid. You might sweat the nutrients out while exercising, though alcohol, fizzy drinks and fatty foods can also reduce your magnesium levels significantly, make you sweat and lead to those agonising pains in the middle of the night.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]ou're lik
ely to suffer from cramps if you have low levels of magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium, or a raised level of lactic acid. You might sweat the nutrients out while exercising, though alcohol, fizzy drinks and fatty foods can also reduce your magnesium levels significantly, make you sweat and lead to those agonising pains in the middle of the night.
[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You're likely to suffer from cramps if you have low levels of magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium, or a raise[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You're likely to suffer from cramps if you have low levels of magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium, or a raised levelactic acid. You might sweat the nutrients out while exercising, though alcohol, fizzy drinks and fatty foods can also reduce your magnesium levels significantly, make you sweat and lead to those agonising pains in the middle of the night.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]d level of lactic acid. You might sweat the nutrients out while exercising, though alco[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]fizzy drinks and fatty foods can also reduce your magnesium levels significantly, make you sweat and lead to those agonising pains in the middle of the night.[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You're likely to suffer from cramps if you have low levels of magnesium, potassium, calcium and sodium, or a raised level of lactic acid. You might sweat the nutrients out while exercising, though alcohol, fizzy drinks and fatty foods can also reduce your magnesium levels significantly, make you sweat and lead to those agonising pains in the middle of the night. Eat a or two - they're a good source of potassium[/FONT]

Sorry I must have uploaded the quote wrong. It also said, eat a banana. :D I take the other things but still get cramp but not bad enough to have to take Quinine.

I can't stand Bananas, not even when I was eating crap food love.

I have loved them since I needed my blue ration book & queued to get one pound. Now they don't bother me.

Friday.

Carbs 16.7, Calories 1428.

Carbs 5%, Protein 32%, Fat 63%

I risked having 40grms cheese today so fingers crossed it doesn't stall me.

Last edited:
Saturday.

Carbs 11.8, Calories, 1643.

Carbs 4%, Protein 22%, Fat 74%.

I wonder if I'm eating too much fat...

Last edited:
no need to answer hun i looked back in your thread and found the link you had put in, im going to have a wee look at that now :D

quote from my atkins book re fat:
"It also contains a sumptuous variety of delicious protein foods and some high-fat foods like butter and cream that you'll find stricken from nearly every other diet.
At the moment, virtually everything is laid to the discredit of dietary fat, and yet its advantages for a dieter seem never to be mentioned. Fat satiates the appetite, fat stops carb craving. And fat in the absence of carbs, accelerates the burning of stored fat. The wise dieter can use fat to his/her advantage".

Where is most your fat coming from ?

Sass, Thank you for quote, I decided to look up my book & as you say he encourages us to eat fat. As to where does it come from, well I tend to buy the cheaper cuts of meat & they are usually more fatty. Plus I do use butter in cooked veg' & fry things in lard rather than oils. It surprising how the fat content just seems to accumulate. The fun bit is that according to Atkins we can eat fat to get rid of it - magic!

Back