Wrinkly's Diary.

Wednesday.

Carbs 26.8 Calories 1206

Carbs 9%. Protein 3i%. Fat 60%.

It's 26.8 for carbs now Claire!! Large tomato - 5.1 carbs. Skimmed milk - 7.1 carbs. Grrrr!! Back on the straight & narrow tomorrow.. :break_diet:

Last edited:
That Milk is a killer isn't it.

But you guys have both been on the diet a while, and in OWL you're supposed to up the daily carb intake slightly each week until you stop losing so that you can find your CCL... so *technically* you're still following the diet to the letter! If you both still have a loss this week, then you'll have found out that your CCL is actually higher than 20g and you can continue to eat, say, 25g (maybe more) a day as long as you're still losing! It's certainly not cheating to up your carb intake a bit.

Staying on Induction for a long time is okay if you're still enjoying the diet, but I'd say that if you're struggling or feeling deprived it's worth switching to OWL so that you don't get totally fed up and quit. You'll still lose in OWL if you do it right, just maybe not as fast.

I know, I drink mine black now, but it was a struggle at first.

LadyM, I'm in a stall & I can only think it's the extra carbs but Jim, Hooya & Claire, I am wondering too if it's my mind set. I know that calories aren't to blame but I still look & wonder at high calorie food. So going back to basics should prove it, one way or another.

I've never counted a calorie since I started Atkins.

Me neither! :) I dread to think about it sometimes but i can't be bothered counting cals as well as carbs! Counting carbs is chore enough for me but i continue to do so so's i know how many i have to play with throughout the day as it progresses. I don't even look at the cals on products i buy! Just check out the carb count n that's it.

I'm counting both, but that's because I don't buy into all aspects of Dr Atkin's theory (wish I did really!). I believe that ketosis brings a significant metabolic advantage (a couple of experts seem to suggest 300 calories per day), and that it reduces cravings, helping me to eat less. But I know that if I ate freely of no-carb foods, I would consume 2000 to 3000 calories per day, and I think this would result in no weight loss. I did a lot of reading at the start of Atkins and that was my conclusion. But I'm also trying to break my food addiction generally so counting cals is probably a good idea :(

For those missing milk, is there a big difference between cows milk and soya milk? Carbwise, I mean. I know they taste different but once you get used to it it's not so bad.

I wish I could ignore calories but they're there like a fly buzzing round my head. I do feel that in Ketosis we no longer feel hungry and because of this we probably eat fewer calories. I will still record them but try to ignore them for the next 14 days at least.

Jar, I tried Soya milk a while ago but just didn't like it. Think I'll just stick to water. :D

Last edited:
I use the tesco unsweetened one, which is fine. My mum uses the alpro organic which is a strange colour and very sweet. Nice though.

Good luck going back to basics Wrinkly. X

Well, I'm ignoring the calories so I've had 9 carbs today & intend to have some cheese later, about 80 gm. Fingers well & truly crossed...

Laura, The carbs I've had are now 10.8 from 150gm veg, I'll make sure I have more tomorrow. I suppose it depends on how tight I can pack a mug. Lol.. It's not as easy as the book suggests is it.

You'll have Jim telling you off for not eating enough veggie if you've only done 10g in a day Wrinkly!

YES INDEED!!

Why do you have to eat the veggie carbs? what happens if you dont?

It's healthier Vicky, in the '72 version Atkins said you should be aiming to get at least 15 of your daily carbs from fresh green salad leaves.

Back