Writing to Stop Me Eating!

Jahalia

So today is my day to try and get on track with my diet. Its not goung well and its only 12.30 in the afternoon!

The fresh bakery section in the Co-op is my absolute weakness in the morning, and although I resisted first thing, I gave in at nursery pick up and had a croissant. I also relieved my little girl of 5 or 6 giant chocolate buttons.

I haven't blown it, I know that if I leave it at that for the day then my calorie intake should be fine. We're having roast chicken for tea which I'm looking forward to and it's accounted for in my days meal plan. However, I'm now feeling bad for eating the croissant which usually means I'll binge. I've always been of the (incredibly stupid) mindset that if I have something I shouldn't, it's not just a couple of hundred calories over, it's the day ruined so I might as well eat everything I can find and start tomorrow.

I want to get out of this way of thinking. I've set up this thread so that I can type to stop me eating. If I write something down then theres a chance the cravings will have subsided by the end of the post. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. I'm feeling a bit down and tired today which isn't good for the focus.

I'll see how I get on . . . :)

Hi Littlemissnaughty.

I think this is part of the problem, I don't actually know. I was originally going to do calorie counting so no food was out of bounds. Then I changed my mind and decided to do Slimming World even though I find it restrictive. Now I'm back to calorie counting and just can't get my head into it. I'd really like to go back to SW meetings but I just can't afford it at the moment.

You asking what I'm following has actually made me think about what I need to do. I think I need to do SW to the letter without the meetings if only so im eating better food and have some structure.

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it :)

I've done SW and it is a great plan but can be hard to stick to.
I'm calorie counting now with 1 Slim Fast shake a day as well. I've been doing it for a couple of months now and have lost over a stone. I absolutely love it because you can eat what you like and then if you go over, take it off your next meal or snack. I'm sticking to around 1000 - 1100 calories a day.

Wow, you've done amazingly well.

I've done well on SW before. It does work well but I come unstuck when I have a meal out. I'm of the mindset that I'm not going to a restaurant to eat a jacket potato. Trouble is, I tend to find even one meal off plan is enough to scupper a loss for that week which is why I usually end up falling off the wagon completely. Which brings me back to calorie counting or 5:2.

Another issue of mine at the moment is that I haven't been to the supermarket recently which means that I don't have any healthy alternatives in the house. I need to be more organised. Have plenty of apples to graze on and just do it! I'm so fed up of being fed up and hating how I look :)

Wow, you've done amazingly well.

I've done well on SW before. It does work well but I come unstuck when I have a meal out. I'm of the mindset that I'm not going to a restaurant to eat a jacket potato. Trouble is, I tend to find even one meal off plan is enough to scupper a loss for that week which is why I usually end up falling off the wagon completely. Which brings me back to calorie counting or 5:2.

Another issue of mine at the moment is that I haven't been to the supermarket recently which means that I don't have any healthy alternatives in the house. I need to be more organised. Have plenty of apples to graze on and just do it! I'm so fed up of being fed up and hating how I look :)

I used to find that with SW. I love the plan but it is so easy to fall off the wagon because one bad day throws you out totally.
That's not a problem with calorie counting because you can just have less for the rest of the day. I've never done 5:2 but know people who have and it does work well for them.

I plan my weeks worth of meals before I go shipping each week, so I can get everything I need and then have no excuse to stray from the healthy food.

That's a really good idea that I should try and adopt. I know I can do well on a diet, I just need that good first day. Every day I say it'll be today and then it isn't!

I'm going to rein in the rest of the day and try and have a new focus (I'm sounding like a cracked record!) Might have a bit of a spring clean too, tidy house-tidy mind and all that :)

That's a really good idea that I should try and adopt. I know I can do well on a diet, I just need that good first day. Every day I say it'll be today and then it isn't!

I'm going to rein in the rest of the day and try and have a new focus (I'm sounding like a cracked record!) Might have a bit of a spring clean too, tidy house-tidy mind and all that :)

You'll get there, one day, you'll just do it and that will be the start of a good diet.
Good luck!

So once again I stumbled, yesterday ended up the same as every other with pigging out.

Started ok today, had two small slices of toast at around 200 calories total. But now I'm craving bad stuff. I'm not hungry, I actually feel quite full but I just have these cravings for junk! Hoping I can ride it out cos I know I can't have just a bit of chocolate or just one biscuit, it ends up being the whole packet.

I know if I can just get through today I can carry it on, it's just so flipping hard to start. Being tired and feeling low doesn't help. Really wish slimming clubs were cheaper cos I miss that weigh in each week :-(

Have you thought about doing the Slim Fast diet?
On that you can have a shake for breakfast and lunch, 600 calorie meal and 3 100 calorie snacks.
So for example you would have your shake and then if you're hungry mid morning you could have a snack which is less than 100 calories for example crisps, fruit, salad, chocolate, pop corn etc, then another shake for lunch, a snack mid afternoon, dinner and then another snack in the evening.
I started doing this a while back and have lost over a stone now and never feel hungry.

I'll have a look at that, thankyou. I did SlimFast many many moons ago and it was a lot stricter back then, just two shakes a day and no snacks. It actually sounds doable now so will certainly consider it. Really pleased it's worked well for you :)

That's very true. I've actually decided this afternoon to go back to SW tomorrow. I've looked at my finances and decided to make a couple of cutbacks to allow for the weekly fee.
I've spoken to the SW consultant and I'm going to start from scratch again, I just feel like I need the meetings to keep me going :)

First day of SW and the cravings are kicking in already. I usually try and avoid using my syns but I've used 3 in two McVities Thins. So not worth it and it so didn't help. Usually I'd finish the box but I've managed to restrain myself. Still struggling though so having a can of Pepsi Max. Hopefully I'll feel better in a few minutes :)

First day of SW and the cravings are kicking in already. I usually try and avoid using my syns but I've used 3 in two McVities Thins. So not worth it and it so didn't help. Usually I'd finish the box but I've managed to restrain myself. Still struggling though so having a can of Pepsi Max. Hopefully I'll feel better in a few minutes :)

Stick with it hun, the first few days are always the worse. It will get easier :)

Back