ww and exercise

My mum lost 3 1/2 stone on WW with absolutely no exercise!!!! I truly believe though that exercising helped me and my weight loss plus noticed a big difference in how toned I became, felt fab :) Xxx

I think it works without exercise.

But exercise is great for boosting metabolism and is great for health. My friend lost 3 stone with no exercise then once she lost that weight she had the confidence she needed to go to some class's. Then the exercise has given her a great shape.

Weight loss is a science.... Calories in vs calories out.
So it will only help as exercise burns calories.

When I stopped exercising through injury this year I didn't gain or lose any weight but I gained a dress size.

lost mine so far without exercise.

BUT now ive gained a few pounds over xmas and my eight loss had already slowed down, im going to to start exercising, it has to help, right? x

Sounds like a daft question but will exercise make you lose quicker? I've seen some people have started exercising and there weightloss has slowed or stopped.

I hear this a lot too apparently weight loss often slows down when starting exercising at first then your metabolism gets used to the exercise and the weight loss will continue, at the end of the day the more cals you burn the more weight you'll lose but a lot of people give up exercise after a couple of weeks cos they don't see the results they were expecting, if initially you want to exercise to lose weight the best exercise is cardio, walking swimming treadmill etc. I know a few people on here starting walking everyday to get in exercise (this is the route I'm going down.) And their weight loss has sped up so it must work I think it just depends what exercise you choose and if your willing to wait for results. ALSO I know people that don't lose lb's at first but lose inches, which is just as good its all in the right direction x

In the summer I increased my exercise a lot and initially gained a bit, then lost more quickly for a week or two, then it settled down and I don't believe I lost more than I would have done without the exercise, but it made a big difference to my body shape and tone. I'd say it does work without the exercise, but if you are able to increase your activity then that is a bonus for your health and body shape, even if not for actual pounds lost.

I couldn't care less if I gained weight after exercise. It is great for the body and inch loss is better than weight loss!!

I always think that not doing exercise as you may gain weight is a poor excuse. Plus exercise speeds up the metabolism during and for a while after :)

But I understand some people struggle with the motivation. I hated it for years lol! Now I'm enjoying it

I started doing the C25K didn't lose any weight but lost inches instead... So i'd recommend to take measurement before as the inch loss is good motivation to keep up the exercise.
Back on diet Wednesday and back to C25k..

I started doing the C25K didn't lose any weight but lost inches instead... So i'd recommend to take measurement before as the inch loss is good motivation to keep up the exercise.
Back on diet Wednesday and back to C25k..

Is that the one where you run 5k in 30mins? i did that last year. I want to do the 10k one this year I think. You have reminded me to download the app

Is that the one where you run 5k in 30mins? i did that last year. I want to do the 10k one this year I think. You have reminded me to download the app

That's the one.. Was going to get back to running today but decided to take down Christmas decorations.. Will get back on it next week, I must redo my music for it. Doubt I will be running for 30 mins thought lol.. Good luck with the 10k one x

Back