ww butternut squash bake recipe?????

jem3139

Silver Member
have just been reading about the ww butternut bake recipe using quorn . its supposed to be like lasagne but without the pasta does anyone have the recipe they could share with me as i would love to try it. many thanks

Butternut squash bake
serves 4, pro points per recipe 14
per serving 3

low fat cooking spray
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 celery stick, chopped
2 garlic gloves, chopped
1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
350g bag frozen quorn mince
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 vegetable cube, dissolved in 50ml of hot water
800g of butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and sliced thinly along its length
200g tomatoes, sliced
30g fresh breadcrumbs
30g half fat cheddar cheese, finely grated

you will need a 2 litre flameproof and ovenproof dish

1)Spray a large, lidded non stick pan with cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the carrot, celery and onion and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Stir in the herbs, mince, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

2)Spoon a third of the mince mixture into the ovenproof dish. Top with slices of squash and repeat the layers ending with the squash. Scatter over the sliced tomatoes, the breadcrumbs and the cheese. Bake for 30-40 mins until the squash is tender and the top is golden.

I found that it took ages for the squash to be tender so part cooked it in the microwave first

thank you

many thanks i love bns and had heard of this recipe but couldnt find it , now i can make it and satisfy my hunger for it. well done on your weght loss keep it up x

Thxs :D i changed the quorn mince for extra lean beef mince and it worked out at 6 points per portion, really enjoy this dish as my daughter and i are both doing WW together we will have the rest warmed up the next day for lunch

do you by any chance know how many points it would be with turkey mince I've never had quorn before and I'm not sure if I would like it many thanks again you have been a great help x

Jem - just to say that it's really worth trying quorn mince as I wouldn't know the difference between that and beef mince in a bolognese and yet it is so low in points.

thanks

thank you Lilac I deffo will give it a go as you say its worth anything to reduce the points, hope all is going well with you x

Back